The Student Room Group

My ex is making my life hell

We broke up in October. Long story short, every time we meet she ignores me, looks away and I generally feel like rubbish. In December she invited me to her place for a dinner party but I couldn't go and friends there told me she spent the whole night talking about her new navy boyfriend. Then at a another party I bumped into her, she ignored me and I was invisible in the room, yet she's been asking about me via my friend and flatmate.

So basically, she keeps inviting me for dinners. When we do meet at parties, she doesn't even look at me. Only exception was on St.Pat night, where she was friendly and spoke to me and invited me out to the nightclubs. She was hammered at the time I guess. St. Pat was the only positive time I had with her since we broke up. Today, saw her, I'm invisible and everything. I'm tried of feeling bad.

Its not that easy to avoid her, since we share the same circle of friends, do similar course and we're at a small uni.

EDIT: I broke up with her. Because she didn't need a bf, she spent a lot of her time with her best friend so, when it come to things like lets watch a movie, or a new restruant, she already been with her best friend so there was nothing left for us to do.

And I didn't cheat on her. It was a, not enough space for a best friend and a boyfriend in her life
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Who broke up with who?
Reply 2
Original post by reisen
Who broke up with who?

I broke up with her. I thought she would have respected me for my honestly. But yea, some days I think she's going to throw acid at my face
Reply 3
Honesty? Did you cheat on her? Sounds like she's still hurting and doesn't quite know how to act around you
Before I got together with my ex-gf, she told me horrific stories about how her ex raped her.

When I dumped her, she told all of my friends I had raped her. The worst thing is, they believed her and for 3 months I was practically friendless.

She still acts like a petty child around me now, mostly when I'm at my happiest.
Reply 5
To me this sounds like she's trying to make you jealous or something. How can she invite you to something then ignore your presence but still talk about her new bf. Even if you weren't there when she did it, she would have if you had gone to the gathering that day. You say she keeps asking about you. I personally don't think it's that she cares about you, it's more like she's trying to find out of you've moved on with your life and if you are happy without her. :/ Just ignore her too. Get a new girlfriend and you'll soon forget about her because you'll be taking your new gf out so you don't have to see her all the time :smile:
She is trying to get back at you, and she will do things to make you feel horrible. Like inviting you to parties and ignoring you. So, stop going to the parties, and if you DO go, you ignore her.

Eventually, when you think its time to stop the nonsense, you confront her seriously. If she wants to be friends, then friends, or nothing? Then nothing. And you move on with your life. Simple.
Reply 7
Its just strange, I mean. She keeps inviting me, tells my friend that she only wants us to be friends. I haven't gone to her dinner parties but we occasionally meet at other parties, we share similar circle of friends, and she and her best friend can sit opposite me and I don't exist in the room.
Few months ago, we bumped into each other and I was very friendly, invited her to watch a play with me and some mates. My friend told me to be proactive, friendly to her, like she's shy or something. Whole night, she kept staring at her napkin or glass. Then on the way out, she pushed her friend into the bathroom and stayed there for 20 minutes. My friend told me that was her way of saying feck off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending