Turn on thread page Beta

Wrong To 'Like' Another Girls Facebook Photo? watch

ReputationRep:
    It would only be wrong if the girl was in a sexualised pose or showing off too much flesh, where it can then be seen as dodgy liking it. Otherwise, if it's just a simple pretty photo, etc then it's not wrong to like it. I would calmly talk to your girlfriend about how you felt it was a bit unfair on you and why you liked it, and when you'd think it'd be unacceptable liking a photo. Also mention that if she did the same towards a guy, you would be okay with it and make a compliment towards why you're with her specifically instead of any other girl to boost her self-esteem, as that is obviously the main issue here.

Since you know her better than anyone on here, if it's suitable, then maybe try to get into an indepth talk with her about her trust issues, she might have been hurt in the past or even seen someone else get hurt which has caused her to be cautious of trust in relationships. Reassure her during the talk, etc - I'm sure you'll know what to response with when you talk and try to get it sorted before it becomes a big problem.

ReputationRep:
    God forbid the day you comment on something.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot believe people turn to the internet to resolve trivial matters such as this.

ReputationRep:
    how old is she ??? 13 or 16 ???

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite upset that it has come to the point where people feel the need to ask other people if their opinion is wrong. Do you think it's wrong or not? You don't need others to tell you that.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the photo context.
    If she was half naked, posing, in a bikini, in underwear - anything like this, it was wrong.

However, if she was out having fun with her friends or something, your gf is over-reacting.

PS - Get out of the relationship whilst you're still alive

ReputationRep:
    Your GF needs to calm the hell down...people take Facebook way too seriously...

ReputationRep:
    Over the top reaction .. I like my guy friends pictures all the time, it doesn't mean I'm into them or anything
    Just emphasise that the girl is your FRIEND and that it is JUST facebook, for fecks sake! 'Liking' a picture =/= boning over a picture

ReputationRep:
    Obviously she is is being a little too protective, and ordinarily liking another girl's photo (provided they aren't an ex or something) is completely fine.

However it sounds as if you are already aware of your gf's "serious trust problems", so perhaps it would be wise on your part to not add further reasons for her to doubt you and think about what might be going through her head.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

No it's not..and there are no actual girl rules

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellakrystina)
    I could see why she'd be pissed if you clicked the 'touched myself over' button, but you only clicked 'like'.

Your girlfriend's weird.
    I think you're going to be pissed because I just pressed that button

ReputationRep:
    should i tell her what everyone else has said here?

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is serious business guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OBAG09L)
    I think you're going to be pissed because I just pressed that button

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't be in a relationship with a 12 year old, OP.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how your girlfriend would react if you poked this girl? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarfliam)
    should i tell her what everyone else has said here?
    You really don't have an opinion of your own, do you?

Seriously, instead of making this a huge thing, just tell her the reason you 'liked' it (whatever that is) and tell her she's got nothing to worry about. I haven't seen the picture, so cannot say anything about who's in the wrong here.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: at people saying its fine and she's a psycho. Yes its ok to like someones photo but we don't know this girls situation, she may be incredibly insecure in which case I don't think its funny to make fun of her - stuff like that can destroy a person internally, not everyone is secure and laid back. For all we know she could have been hurt by a previous relationship in the same way :dontknow: without knowing her circumstances then I think its wrong to judge.

I was with a guy for well over a year a few years ago, loved him to bits and he started liking one of my mates pictures, I brushed it off and thought nothing of it. Found out a couple of weeks later that he'd actually been shagging her behind my back. For all we know that could have happened to this other girl.

ReputationRep:
    You're basically saying you think the other girl looks pretty. Unless it's a really funny/crazy/weird photo, you're saying 'you're fit'. That's why your girlfriend is annoyed. Bit OTT, but kinda understandable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    You're basically saying you think the other girl looks pretty. Unless it's a really funny/crazy/weird photo, you're saying 'you're fit'. That's why your girlfriend is annoyed. Bit OTT, but kinda understandable.

But i'm not saying 'you're fit'. She's simply not.
    I was liking a nice photo of her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.