Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wrong To 'Like' Another Girls Facebook Photo? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Was it a picture of her exposed breasts? Because if so, your girlfriend may have a point.

ReputationRep:
    ***** be crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Lol imagine if facebook invented a "cheat with" button, and you could go on any girls profile, so long as you weren't "in a relationship" with them, and send them a "cheat with" offer, and then if they accept it will post "A has just cheated on B with C" on everyones wall and then people will get all pissed off like and *****y, and no one will stop to realise that all has been done was someone clicked a button

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is

ReputationRep:
    id go mental if my bf did that, ur gf should chuck ya!

ReputationRep:
    you girlfriend has problems, she is obviously insecure, you did nothing wrong, let her have her woman stress and she'll clam down

ReputationRep:
    what rule?? ha , she's overreacting

ReputationRep:
    LOLWUT?? :lolwut:
    I like my friends' pictures all the time.....I could understand if it was someone you didn't know well and even then I could only understand being creeped out, rather than being pissed off... and seeing as she's a good friend of yours?
    Why do people get so worked up over absolutely inconsequential stuff like this? So what, you liked her picture. She should take it as a compliment, stupid *****.

ReputationRep:
    i think your girlfriend needs to learn how to trust you more
    the girls one of your best friends, if you're anything like me and my male best friend, you're closer to being brother and sister than a couple and if anything was to happen it would have happened years ago.
    just tell your girlfriend that she's the one you love and your friend is just a friend. you didn't mean anything except that you thought it was a nice photo.

ReputationRep:
    She's wrong. Tell her to get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    Your girlfriend is pissed because she thinks you liked it in a sexual way - why else would she be pissed - you've told us this yourself.

Obviously if it was a 'fun' situation she wouldn't have seen it in a sexual way. Or at least I can't think why she would and she must be very confused - but I won't pass judgement on someone I don't know.

A lot of people are saying - your bad if it was an exposed or physical sort of pic which made her look pretty or fit - because you're essentially implying you like this girl's physical appearance in a sexual way. If not, and it really is a fun picture - then yes your girlfriend has issues, which makes it your issue too if you want to stay with her - not a matter of saying 'you shouldn't have a problem with this', but understanding why she does and try to comfort her and make her feel more secure, perhaps altering your behaviour until she does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarfliam)
    Simple really.
    I 'liked' a picture of one of my best girl mates photos on Facebook, a girl who is also in a long term relationship with her boyfriend.
    My girlfriend, in apparantly randomly looking on my profile and then my friends profiles, found i had liked this photo and got incredibly pissed.
    She says its a 'girl rule' and that i shouldn't like any other girls photo.

My girlfriend has quite serious trust issues, but just wondering actually if i shouldn't have done this? I personally think its fine! I wouldn't give a damn if she liked a photo of some of her boy mates, i would if she liked a photo of one of her ex's, but this girl and I have never been romantically involved.

Grrrr.
    Well, I think if the picture had of been of the girl with her boobs on display, clarted in make-up, and looking rather attractive and she was single then I think she would have the right to be a bit aggrivated by that, but in general, liking someone's picture should not pose a threat to her in any way at all

ReputationRep:
    Even if you 'liked' it just because you thought she looked pretty in that picture, what the hell is wrong with that anyway?!

Your girlfriend sounds seriously neurotic.

ReputationRep:
    LOL wth?!She sounds psycho no offence. You "liked" a facebook photo for god's sake that was it you weren't taking nude pics of girls. Talk to her and ask why it's so wrong?

ReputationRep:
    If it's just a picture of the girl then it's bascially as good as saying "you're hot" by liking it. If it was a group picture or a funny one then that's ok...tbh I think your GF is overreacting, it's only facebook afterall!

ReputationRep:
    I think if your girlfriend has serious trust issues then you may be in for a lot of arguments like this unless you try to resolve them.

ReputationRep:
    As some other people have said- it depends on the picture. If it was a group photo, a silly photo etc etc, she shouldn't have a problem with it. If it was a picture where she looks very attractive on her own, then in her mind YOU find that girl attractive and also have looked at that picture and in her mind she probably imagined things that you thought about the pic. It's silly but some girls think like this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.