Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any companies doing insight days this summer for A Level students? Currently I know of RBS, Ernst and Young and JP Morgan.

Also do you know of any companies that offer shadowing or work experience? I have e-mailed a lot of places, all with rejections, so does anyone have any good contacts to get me in?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm due for one at PwC in April. (It's not summer, but you can pick your date)
    The application is a lot more computerised so it takes a bit of working around the site.

(Definitely go for the EY one, it's amazing and you're exempt from a stage if you ever apply for the EY scholar scheme next year too)

I think KPMG and Deloitte have days too, the Deloitte is personal to the scholars, though I'm going to apply either way
    Morgan Stanley have one, and a three day work experience programme for females, you email graduate recruitment asking for information and they reply with a flyer for information.

Apparently Goldman Sachs also have one, except I can't seem to locate that one.

ReputationRep:
    I did apply for the PwC one and somehow, someway I got bloody well rejected! I don't understand because I know that I aced the logical tests or whatever so it must have been the personality test that failed me

KPMG have closed their applications and what do you mean about Deloitte being personal to scholars?

Unfortunately I'm not female so I can't do the Morgan Stanley one and Goldman Sachs I found the same problem...

Out of interest what school/uni year are you in?

Thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, loads of people get rejected from PwC, probably because of the personality test, I'm not sure.

I missed the KPMG one.. gah.
    By personal, I meant that the open day open for A Level students is meant to be for those looking in to the Deloitte Scholarship programme, so it's more based around that, than a 'typical insight day'

I don't believe the Open Day for Morgan Stanley is restricted to only females, merely the work experience programme, though I may be wrong.

Year 12

Don't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about PwC's Insight Day or do they have other longer programs?

Btw, I can't find the RBS one.

ReputationRep:
    RBS is here - https://www.makeitrbs.com/uk/gbm/eve...ng-and-markets

I think PwC might have longer programs but I don't think for A-level students.

SillyString, can you link me the Morgan Stanley one please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trizzle)
    RBS is here - https://www.makeitrbs.com/uk/gbm/eve...ng-and-markets

I think PwC might have longer programs but I don't think for A-level students.

SillyString, can you link me the Morgan Stanley one please?
    Thanks for the link!

I haven't seen any longer programs for A-level students by PwC. What a pity. Since I don't live in London(in fact, I live outside the UK lol), a one-day program isn't worth it.

Do you all live in London?

ReputationRep:
    I was given this attachment when I emailed "[email protected] nstanley.com"

Yeah I live in London, it's pretty handy for things like this
    They do reimburse travel expenses most of the time, though I am quite sure there's a limit. Where do you live?
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Flyer.pdf (710.7 KB, 1082 views)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that SillyString, although it does seem rather different to an actual insight day but I will probably apply for it anyway. Maybe enough to talk about on personal statement briefly, I dunno...

I don't live in London, I live about 3 hours away but it's not so bad because my brother lives there so I can just stay with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trizzle)
    Thanks for that SillyString, although it does seem rather different to an actual insight day but I will probably apply for it anyway. Maybe enough to talk about on personal statement briefly, I dunno...

I don't live in London, I live about 3 hours away but it's not so bad because my brother lives there so I can just stay with him.
    Yeah, I'm not entirely clued up on what I'm applying to, but it's a fun day nonetheless
    That's handy , I know of people who stayed in hotels for a single day for the EY insight day. That must've been costly..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.