Turn on thread page Beta

You're only allowed to listen to one song for the rest of your life, which one is it? watch

ReputationRep:
    Lykke Li - Let it fall

ReputationRep:
    "For Good" from Wicked.

ReputationRep:
    It's Friiiiday, Friiday....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tits&Acid)
    Awesome song. Although it'd be a tough choice against 'Barbarism begins at home'
    Both brilliant songs and I need to know if I'm not the only one who has noticed this: the bass line in Barbarism begins at home is almost completely copied by The Killers in Joy Ride, listen! It makes me madddd.

I'd have to choose as my song Still Ill - The Smiths.

Absolutely love everything about it - the muic, the lyrics, the meaning. It has such personal, emotional, political, romantic messages. It's almost perfect yet about all the imperfections in society.

ReputationRep:
    There is a light that never goes out (The Smiths) would be up there. But I can't think of my number one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suki_04)
    Both brilliant songs and I need to know if I'm not the only one who has noticed this: the bass line in Barbarism begins at home is almost completely copied by The Killers in Joy Ride, listen! It makes me madddd.

I'd have to choose as my song Still Ill - The Smiths.

Absolutely love everything about it - the muic, the lyrics, the meaning. It has such personal, emotional, political, romantic messages. It's almost perfect yet about all the imperfections in society.
    I dunno - the bass doesn't sound overly similar to me, similar rhythm but almost entirely different notes? Maybe it's just me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlesworth)
    Wonderful Life - Hurts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TB1x67Do5U

:love:
    YES!!!

I have found another Hurts lover

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarcD)
    I have lots of modern songs that I absolutely love, but if I could only listen to the one song, I'd quickly get bored of all of them. So I'd have to go for a classical piece, this one in particular because I don't think it could ever get old:

Or this one, hard to choose :

Love the Italian guy!!!!!!!!!!!! try also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkzy...eature=related and also Philip Glass http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff_bIv4ZK2E

ReputationRep:
    for me Nina Simone - Feeling good

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.