Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How much money do you pay your parents a week watch

Announcements
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    they'll regret being like that when they need you to pay for their nursing home wont they!
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilly Roach)
    No offence but Why are you insulting me?I think you obviously haven't read any of my posts.I don't have enough money for a deposit for a house.most deposits are £400-500,Where am I supposed to get it from? There's high unemployment THROUGHOUT UK.To be honest your obviously taking the mickey or is either well off and never been poor,so can't be bothered explaining anymotre.try living on 20odd pound a fortnight
    i obviously have read your posts. deposits are normally a month or 6 weeks rent. thats gonna be less than £400 if you go for a house share. get a job offer first, then get an overdraft from the bank to let you pay the deposit.

    yes theres high unemployment of 7.5% at the moment, but on the other hand that means 92.5% of people do have jobs.

    90% of my friends from uni have managed to get jobs this summer, a few are even working in europe.

    my whole point is, you don't really seem to be driven at all to get a job. if you push hard and work for it you can be one of the 92.5%
    Offline

    21
    ReputationRep:
    gna give them over half my salary each month when I finally get a good job after uni, until I've paid them back for college and uni.
    Offline

    4
    ReputationRep:
    I think parents should charge you something. If you didn't have to ,where's the motivation to get a job and leave?
    I don't have to pay at the moment because I'm a student. But as soon as I graduate (from my masters) I'll be expected to pay something, no matter whether I'm on the dole or in full time employment. I'm an adult now, and so I have to behave like one - by paying for my room and board.
 
 
 
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.