ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Course?
    Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Understood)
    Reasons?

Why the neg rep?
    Southampton is just out the question, its between Leeds/Newcastle but my personal pref is castle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roller)
    Southampton is just out the question, its between Leeds/Newcastle but my personal pref is castle.
    Your reasons are not sufficient enough. What exactly is wrong with Southampton?

And you didn't state why you neg repped me.

ReputationRep:
    Your reasons are not sufficient enough. What exactly is wrong with Southampton?

And you didn't state why you neg repped me.
    I didn't neg u, i just plused you ther.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? I have to make the decision soon.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? I have to make the decision soon.
    Have you visited the three of them? Do have have any preferences?

ReputationRep:
    Which to firm...
    They're all good universities and on the same level, I think it just comes down to which one you prefer in terms of halls, uni location etc. =/

ReputationRep:
    southampton has one of the best chemistry departments in the UK at the moment. leeds is also extremely good. i don't know enough about newcastle, but i'd imagine it's fairly decent.

as mentioned above, its up to you to decide which university you really like. they are all respected institutions, and (correct me if i'm wrong) the material will be similar. especially in the 1st and 2nd year. you will find that some are more focused on certain areas of research though. please do not go to a university for chemistry purely based on reputation alone. decide which one has the best feel for you; you will know which one that is when you visit, as you will immediately think to yourself 'this is where i want to be'.

ReputationRep:
    Which to firm...
    Newcastle!! I'm currently at Leeds, going to Newcs for my 2nd degree so I could provide you with an accurate comparison =)

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in my first year of biochemistry at Newcastle and swapping to chemistry in September! Newcastle is a brilliant University and the City is wonderful (and cheap!) I could go pretty much anywhere with my A Levels but it's not the rep that matters...it's where you're happy living for three years of your life!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.