Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Finding it really hard to concentrate as i think its worthless, HELP watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, well i have officialy started revising for my summer exams and retakes and i am finding it really hard. I feel like nothing is going in and i am really not concentrating. I have recently been revising AQA AS biology and going over all the facutal info in the book just seems futile, i mean i have month left and 6 academic exams, AND i have to learn all the stuff from the start, im learning and not really revising as i did not concentrate over the year (stupid i know ). Any tips or helpfull advice because i have been freting starting, i finally started yesterday and i just feel that im gonna fail becuase of the time, really not sure how to just stop this and carry on in an affective manner. Any tips would be great. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Till AQA AS biology you have more than a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    Till AQA AS biology you have more than a month
    Yeh yeh i know but i want to know it all within a month so i have time to know it well and go over past papers ect. Really need an A grade in it and i dunno anything .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mclovin123)
    Yeh yeh i know but i want to know it all within a month so i have time to know it well and go over past papers ect. Really need an A grade in it and i dunno anything .
    You just have to sit down and do it..think about the consequences.......I am not sure you can get much help here, besides just realising it is necessary you revise....good luck mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mclovin123)
    I'm gna be doing the exact same as you.

Go through the AQA textbook, and before you sit down know how many pages you're going to cover. Answer the questions at the end of each double page spread. When reading the spreads, acknowledge potential things they might ask you, and write down questions on a piece of paper, which you will go to at the end of the session. For longer "model" answers, remember the number of points, so it becomes like a title; ie. The 3 steps of counter Current flow.
    sumit like that; I haven't started my bio yet, but that's what I will do, and what I did for the last unit.

ReputationRep:
    You need:
    *Textbook = Nelson Thornes
    *Past Papers = Printed
    *Concentration

You can't concentrate because you're stressing, honestly it's your own fault for leaving it so late BUT it is not impossible. You still got time on your hands, BIOL1 is really straightforward and you shouldn't have any problems with it. Go through every paper you can find and memorise the markschemes. That's all you can do. Same for Unit 2 but that's obviously a lot harder.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.