Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 16—do I still have much to grow? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shy-girl666)
    5'7 is pretty tall already!! average in the UK is about 5'4 so your not short!!! x
    That's for girls - OP is a guy.

I think you should just stick to making dirty comments tbh - that's your speciality :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tite23)
    Eat allot and run around allot.
    And learn to spell a lot.

ReputationRep:
    My growth all but stopped by the time I was 17, but now at 19 I've noticed it's slightly accelerated again.

I just wish I wasn't starting to get those first signs of ageing already :mob:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    My growth all but stopped by the time I was 17, but now at 19 I've noticed it's slightly accelerated again.

I just wish I wasn't starting to get those first signs of ageing already :mob:
    Which are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    That's for girls - OP is a guy.

I think you should just stick to making dirty comments tbh - that's your speciality :sexface:
    oh is it?? well for a guy 5'9 is average in the UK and he's not that short i mean there are far shorter girls out there.

hahaha lol! hey i have knolage and advice that isn't just dirty comments lol :rolleyes: x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadian)
    I know this might sound like an extremely stupid question to most of you but I actually don't think I'm going to grow much.

I'm 5'7 and I've practically stopped growing or having any growth spurts for more than a year.

I dun wanna stop growing. I know I'm only 16 but I think that I pretty much don't have that anything left to grow. I'm saying this because I'm Bengali. My mum is probably around 4ft11 to 5ft and my Dad is around 5'7. I've watched all my friends my age grow way taller than me and I'm practically one of the shortest out of all the average-heighted people. I used to be slightly above average 'cause I had a few growth spurts at a young age but then everyone just grew taller than me while I didn't grow at all. My brother is 6ft though.

So do I have much left to grow?
    Don't worry, I stoped growing at 5' 7" when I was 16, but I started growing again in mid 17, now I am 5' 9".... And I did no exercise...

ReputationRep:
    not all guys grow till they are 21ish, my bro is 5'7 and he's 25. he was about the same height around 16 maybe 5'5.

ReputationRep:
    You might, you might not. People grow at different rates, but if your parents are only small then you probably won't get much taller than them. That being said, my younger brother is 6'5'' and he's 15.. which is a good few inches taller than my Dad so you never know!

Don't worry about what you can't change though. I always hated being a tall girl (I'm 5'9'' which I know isn't huge now- but I grew relatively young so towered above everyone, lol) but then just thought to myself hang on, your height is one thing you can't really do all that much about, so just embrace it :-)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.tvteleshopping.com/yahoo_...190210_std.jpg

ReputationRep:
    5'7 is pretty tall already!! average in the UK is about 5'4 so your not short!!! x
    You sure bro?

EDIT: Just saw the other posts. YOU LIED TO ME :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    You sure bro?
    yeah girls are 5'4 and guys 5'9. average that is in the uk and i aint a dude, mate! lol x

ReputationRep:
    yeah girls are 5'4 and guys 5'9. average that is in the uk and i aint a dude, mate! lol x
    That's what you think :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    That's what you think :sexface:
    haha yeah i totally a guy trying to act all shy to try and entice unsuspecting men! lol x

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah i totally a guy trying to act all shy to try and entice unsuspecting men! lol x
    Woh woh woh.

No homo. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Woh woh woh.

No homo. :rolleyes:
    hahaaa well dont fear im a girl x

ReputationRep:
    hahaaa well dont fear im a girl x
    Pictures or GTFO.

ReputationRep:
    Pictures or GTFO.
    dont you go getting all stroppy with my!! they're on my profile, yeah so take that! lol x

ReputationRep:
    Most of the boys I know who were hovering around my height at that age are now towering over, and they've all beefed out as well, and that's in two years. I think the majority of males grow significantly in both directions (generally) between 16 and 21, or there'd be no way to separate the men from the boys :cool:

ReputationRep:
    the chances are you will become a bit taller. I stopped growing at 5'11" at 14 but now at 17 i'm starting to grow again. Also height is subject to regression towards the mean which means on a purely genetic level height is meant to closer to the mean each generation. i.e smaller than average parents will have children whose height is closer to the mean height. But also environmental factors also play a large role so if you wanna grow just make sure you stay healthy.

ReputationRep:
    I think so. Your penis hasn't reached its maximum elongation.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.