Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi

i was just wondering if anyone was starting Hull Uni in Sept to do Nursing??

Alison. x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I should be as I have put it down as my firm choice

x

ReputationRep:
    Me too Alison
    Chosen Adult Nursing and sooo excited but also dreading it :/
    I'm 35, married with 2 kids and will be living at home nr Scunthorpe - you?
    x

ReputationRep:
    I start in September tooo
    im also excited but dreading it!! haha x

ReputationRep:
    hi i will be starting in september think i may be the oldest at 45 and am from rotherham

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I will be starting at Hull in September to study Adult Nursing. How is everyone getting on with applying for Student finance? Is it the maintenance loan that needs applying for alongside the bursary?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I will also be studying adult nursing in Sept, I'm 30 and live in Doncaster. Really excited but also really nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see there's a good mix of ages as I was beginning to worry I'd be the only one above 25, lol

Kelly - possibilities for car sharing as I live just off the M180 in Crowle. Where in Donny do you live as I lived there for years.....?

OMG - time is half flying by........just wish it would fly a little faster........although I might live to regret so much enthusiasm, lol!

Anyone know of any good A&P books that I can get my teeth into over the summer as I've heard the book list doesn't actually come out until August!

ReputationRep:
    Im starting adult nursing in september too im 19 and from crewe. It should be an interesting experience at Hull (to say the least) lol x

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting Adult Nursing in September too, I'm also 19, and living in Student Housing near by
    xo

ReputationRep:
    Hi Donzigoes, I live in Thorne less than 5 minutes from the motorway. I too have been looking at books in which might help but there are so many to choose from:confused:

September can't come quick enough

ReputationRep:
    I am going to finish my 1st year of nursing in August. Its brilliant guys you will all love it. Enjoy your time off now as there is alot of hard work!

As for A&P just any big standard A&P book will do, however in A&P lectures the university use images from the Martini book

ReputationRep:
    I just bought an old Martini A&P book off amazon for £3 inc Postage - thought that if it's too old I haven't wasted loads of money and it will give me a taste......

Been looking at a website recommended elsewhere called abebooks.co.uk and their books are really cheap - a site to keep in mind.....

Kelly - we live about 10 mins apart via the A18

oooooh I give in my notice soon - starting to feel very real

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julie1)
    hi i will be starting in september think i may be the oldest at 45 and am from rotherham
    hi im leeann, im 40 i thought i might be the oldest ! ive got 3 kids david 18, emily 15, and amy 10, i realy dont know what to expect im a bit nervous but looking forward to starting x:

ReputationRep:
    wow didnt realise all these posts were on here, im Alison im 34 and i live in malton with my four children, im getting excited now i have my ot appointment next week which is the last thing i have to do. x

ReputationRep:
    hi alison thanx for that date i didnt relise it eas so soon ! ive just had to book in for my MMR ! lol lucky me x leeann x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donzigoes)
    Nice to see there's a good mix of ages as I was beginning to worry I'd be the only one above 25, lol

Kelly - possibilities for car sharing as I live just off the M180 in Crowle. Where in Donny do you live as I lived there for years.....?

OMG - time is half flying by........just wish it would fly a little faster........although I might live to regret so much enthusiasm, lol!

Anyone know of any good A&P books that I can get my teeth into over the summer as I've heard the book list doesn't actually come out until August!
    You live so close to me! i live right near crowle. i am also doing adult nursing at hull. ( i also used to live in crowle)

ReputationRep:
    ouch leeann, im just waiting on the dr to fill my ot form in, im starting to panic now that its getting so close as i still havent been sent any info on nhs bursary and im still waiting on student finance to reply. im getting doubtful that i will have them both in time for sept. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alison76)
    hi

i was just wondering if anyone was starting Hull Uni in Sept to do Nursing??

Alison. x
    yes im doing adult nursing in sept at hull i cant wait

ReputationRep:
    is anyone going to the summer school that is on just before the course sarts that is doing adult nursing ?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.