Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone doing Children's nursing?

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I will be studying medicine in september and it's cool to see that there will be some other mature students around campus (I'm 24)

I hope the medics and nurses will share some social events! I'm so excited, I can't wait to go! xxx

ReputationRep:
    yes Kissthis I am doing the study skills course on the 15th and 16th Sept if that's what you mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissthis2011)
    You live so close to me! i live right near crowle. i am also doing adult nursing at hull. ( i also used to live in crowle)
    Kissthis - if we live that close and you're doing the study skills course then we could go together if you fancy it....? and anyone else nearby????

ReputationRep:
    hi my name is charlotte i applied for mental health nursing through clearing and my interview is on wednesday could anyone give me any tips that might help ! im so nervous

ReputationRep:
    Hi Charlotte
    I'm doing adult nursing and to be honest the interview was easier than expected... although I have never been more nervous - I was hyperventilated when I went in, lol!!

1st main Q was - why do I want to be a nurse?
    Other Q's - How do I keep myself motivated?
    Name a time when I made a difficult decision going against others that I believed was the right decision?
    There was another bizarre one too but I can't remember what it was...... and the finished off with the topical issue - I chose that nurse that turned off the life support machine by mistake and it was all caught on the patients personal cctv and it morphed into a conversation with lots of questions about accountability....
    hth
    Donna x

ReputationRep:
    thanks im so nervous i hate interviews because i just panic i have no confience at all when it comes to things like that lol
    charlotte x

ReputationRep:
    likewise I thought of it this way - if they can see you're nervous then it obviously means something to you and they'll be able to see that. I'm sure you'll be fine - Good luck!! xx

ReputationRep:
    thanks could see you in september haha xx

ReputationRep:
    I am also going to the study skills workshop on the 15th and 16th xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxjojoxxx)
    I am also going to the study skills workshop on the 15th and 16th xx
    we'll have to introduce ourselves for sure!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh definitely, do you have facebook? If you do we could arrange to meet up on the 15th before the day gets started xx

ReputationRep:
    yeah - Donna Ford (Donna Montgomery) living in Scunthorpe - pic is my face - dark brown hair with side fringe.....
    request me as a friend .....
    Anyone else on FB - easier to chat.......or we could set up a page for student Nurses at Hull Uni.....?

ReputationRep:
    im on facebook charlotte walker from hessle my picture is me swearing friends idea of a joke haha

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to find you.. But you can add me, it's Joanna Boi.. Pic is of me and my fella, shortish purple/ red hair (probably don't need description though, doubt there will be anyone else with my name! Haha) xx

ReputationRep:
    yeah im going to summer school, i recieved my first weeks timetable today as well. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donzigoes)
    Kissthis - if we live that close and you're doing the study skills course then we could go together if you fancy it....? and anyone else nearby????

i live in keadby so pretty close, i applied too late for summer school got a letter this morning saying all the places had been taken up i will be sure to see you around on the first day though! getting so close now! x

ReputationRep:
    Kissthis - Same here!! Letter arrived this morning Gutted! Will see you on 22nd instead..... Can't wait now!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alison76)
    ouch leeann, im just waiting on the dr to fill my ot form in, im starting to panic now that its getting so close as i still havent been sent any info on nhs bursary and im still waiting on student finance to reply. im getting doubtful that i will have them both in time for sept. x
    hi alison its leeann dont worry i think you can apply for your bursary on line ?im sure you can, i got mine from Hull college before i left but if you have any questions try calling Uni, they can be quite helpfull ! i think they give you enough time for you to fill in the form up to 8 months !i havent heard any thing from my studen finance if thats any consolation, but ive just received my first wks time table lol now im getting worried ! i was hopeing to meet up with the older students on the 23rd sep but im already there as you know, so ill have to try and get to know every one on the day x:shakehand:

ReputationRep:
    i didnt get a place at summer school either as it was already full, my maintenance loan is all sorted now but ive still heard nothing from the bursary, only just seen facebook adds if anyone wants to add me im Alison Robson. its getting scary now and oh so very close. x

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.