Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightKings)
    how did you slove the Q2 ? i counld not sloved it at all
    What does tanx integrate to (with respect to x), note that d(secx)=secxtanx dx

ReputationRep:
    how did you slove the Q2 ? i counld not sloved it at all
    I've got a solution up on page 13, post 256.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    I've got a solution up on page 13, post 256.
    thanks you

further to your solution at Q6 a). i still do know how you jump from T=7/2 to the line equation r=(-7 2 7) + lambda ( 5 11 -2 ) .

could you kindly explain that please?

ReputationRep:
    thanks you

further to your solution at Q6 a). i still do know how you jump from T=7/2 to the line equation r=(-7 2 7) + lambda ( 5 11 -2 ) .

could you kindly explain that please?
    Note that p=(-7, 2, 7) lies on that line. The direction of that line, in terms of t, was given by x-p=(20-5t, -5+3t, -15+4t). Just plug the value of t in and take out a factor of a 1/2 (I think it was a half)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DFranklin)
    Every single year, the AEA aftermath is filled with people saying it was the most difficult paper for many years. It even happened last year, which objectively was by some way the easiest AEA paper ever set.
    Correct. I was on here last year saying it was pretty tough and not easier than normal; but boundaries proved it was. I do think gradually improving standards were still a bit of a factor, but yes; everyone comes from the exam and genuinely feels the exam is hard (like with STEP). But if they sat other years' papers, it'd be the same thing. Distinction will probably he 74-75 I reckon this year.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone with edexcel secure download access please upload the official AEA markscheme here?

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    hey kinda off topic but

i needed aea for my offer and i was wondering if i need to put it on my ucas as the qualification im doing??

Ive have taken the AEA exam as it was required for the offer but havent told UCAS. do i need to tell them if so how is there a way to update the qualification? or will UCAS know that im doing AEA as it was part of an offer that i have accepted.

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Fiasco)
    hey kinda off topic but

i needed aea for my offer and i was wondering if i need to put it on my ucas as the qualification im doing??

Ive have taken the AEA exam as it was required for the offer but havent told UCAS. do i need to tell them if so how is there a way to update the qualification? or will UCAS know that im doing AEA as it was part of an offer that i have accepted.

thanks!
    I don't know the answer whether you had to put it on your UCAS, but I need it too and I didn't put it when I applied as you don't know if you're going to sit it until you've got an offer. And I assume may other people didn't put it on their UCAS so I say don't worry about it. Either they'll know automatically or you just need to tell them when you know, I guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb2star)
    I don't know the answer whether you had to put it on your UCAS, but I need it too and I didn't put it when I applied as you don't know if you're going to sit it until you've got an offer. And I assume may other people didn't put it on their UCAS so I say don't worry about it. Either they'll know automatically or you just need to tell them when you know, I guess?
    um okay but dont we need to like send of the results verified from our college/sixh formm telling them on the phone that i got the result or failed wont be enough? and if i do fail i wouldnt make my offer so would u recommend telling they cause surely they wont take me in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Fiasco)
    um okay but dont we need to like send of the results verified from our college/sixh formm telling them on the phone that i got the result or failed wont be enough? and if i do fail i wouldnt make my offer so would u recommend telling they cause surely they wont take me in
    I'm not 100% sure, but for now I don't think you should worry about it. your college/sixth form will help you on results day, that's what they're for. I remember with STEP applications, I had to write which university the papers were for and my UCAS number so, I assume, they know to send it to the university when the results are out. I'm sorry I can't answer your question. Hope you did well though and made your offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb2star)
    I'm not 100% sure, but for now I don't think you should worry about it. your college/sixth form will help you on results day, that's what they're for. I remember with STEP applications, I had to write which university the papers were for and my UCAS number so, I assume, they know to send it to the university when the results are out. I'm sorry I can't answer your question. Hope you did well though and made your offer!
    Oh okay thanks a lot for ur help and advice I really appreciate it
    i hope i do make the offer haha thanks once again

ReputationRep:
    AEA grade boundaries will be out soon! (maybe even midnight!!!!!!!!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    AEA boundary:

Distinction: 70
    Merit: 50

FFS I didn't get that I don't think :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    AEA boundary:

Sauce?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webbykun)
    Sauce?
    http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20w...Boundaries.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webbykun)
    Sauce?
    http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20w...Boundaries.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    AEA boundary:

Same same same...I'm torn between M or U

ReputationRep:
    Oh great! This sucks balls, I had given up hope on Warwick, but yet there is a sliiiim chance I could get a Distintion now. OMG ahhhhhhh! I think I won't miss the distinction by too many marks =/.

ReputationRep:
    lol bye distinction

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have an electronic copy of the june 2011 paper? i'm trying to work out my marks now...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.