Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arob752)
    I got that too, i thought it meant i got 23 out of 100 and the M might stand for fail . Although i couldnt find the logic in using M .
    (Original post by soczek322)
    I think it might just be ucas points :confused:
    That's what I thought but a Merit in the AEA is meant to be 20 UCAS points so where did the extra 3 come from? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElMoro)
    That's what I thought but a Merit in the AEA is meant to be 20 UCAS points so where did the extra 3 come from? :confused:
    Maybe its because it was a difficult paper They thought we deserved 3 more points

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone else find their results on the edexcel website? I'm able to log in, but when I get there I can only find the results from my A-level exams, and the AEA result doesn't show up at all.

Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    CONGRATULATIONS defo thought I had got a U that's why I want to know what I got - I bet I was just on the boundary like I scrapped a 2 in step by 2 marks

I just checked my results sheet and it said 23 too so I don't think that has anything to do with our marks all my results had points attached to them my A*s said 300 pts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyGurl13)
    CONGRATULATIONS defo thought I had got a U that's why I want to know what I got - I bet I was just on the boundary like I scrapped a 2 in step by 2 marks

I just checked my results sheet and it said 23 too so I don't think that has anything to do with our marks all my results had points attached to them my A*s said 300 pts
    Maybe it's for that "points per entry" thing colleges/schools are rated on - odd how the AEA is so low compared to A-levels though.

ReputationRep:
    where do you find out what marks you got? I got a U but I just want to know what sort of mark I got.

ReputationRep:
    I got a MERIT!!! I thought I might end up with a U!!! I find STEP sooooo much easier strangely... got 1 in STEP I and a 2 in STEP II

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somerr)
    where do you find out what marks you got? I got a U but I just want to know what sort of mark I got.
    Yeah I'm not sure either, on the pdf with the grade boundaries, it says that raw marks can be obtained from Edexcel Online. I asked my exams officer and he couldn't find anything

ReputationRep:
    Well done, man!

I got a merit so I'm happy
    Congrats on the merit mate, are you gonna be in Year12 in september?

ReputationRep:
    I got a merit so I'm happy
    Nice one. This time next year, it'll be a distinction.

ReputationRep:
    I am really surprised by the low grade boundaries for this yr. I still thought the paper isn't as difficult as those 2-3 years ago. But nonetheless that saved many!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superkinetic)
    I am really surprised by the low grade boundaries for this yr. I still thought the paper isn't as difficult as those 2-3 years ago. But nonetheless that saved many!
    Well, Question 5c was seemingly of above-average difficulty for the AEA and question 6 had the hardest part at the start, without which you cannot finish the majority of the question. A few people tripped up on Q1, too.

I'd say the boundaries are about right, personally.

ReputationRep:
    I got 61. If only I knew vectors then I may have got a Distinction but I'll settle for a Merit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potassium^2)
    I got 61. If only I knew vectors then I may have got a Distinction but I'll settle for a Merit
    You got into warwick and that's all that counts!! hahahaa :crazy::crazy::crazy:

ReputationRep:
    You got into warwick and that's all that counts!! hahahaa :crazy::crazy::crazy:
    YEAH!! Don't think it has actually sunk in yet

ReputationRep:
    YEAH!! Don't think it has actually sunk in yet
    Actually saying that I'm still not in :sad: - they haven't got my further maths results yet

ReputationRep:
    Actually saying that I'm still not in :sad: - they haven't got my further maths results yet
    Oh really? How come? I'm sure it's just a matter of time

ReputationRep:
    They haven't got my further maths results yet
    Why not? :o:

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? How come? I'm sure it's just a matter of time
    (Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    Why not? :o:
    Not sure but I called my exam officer and she said she'll send them in right away (Friday morning), but my track still hasn't updated so I'll have to call up Warwick conformation on Monday morning....:confused:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The merit = 23 and distinction = 27 thing shows points accrued by your school/college for league tables.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 25, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.