Turn on thread page Beta

If you could change/experience one thing in your life.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What would be the one thing, in your life, that you could change or experience and why?
    No repercussions such as the 'Butterfly Effect' or 'What comes around goes around'. And I don't want to see things like 'I'd prevent 9/11', if you weren't actually affected by it directly. No as realistic as possible, something that happened to you or your family .

Mine would be to spend a bit more time with my beloved black labrador Dougie, who died in 2008. Just an hour or so . I loved him dearly.
    And I would change the amount of cricket I played from the age of 15 too, as it amounted to nothing and affected my GCSE grades a lot.

Thanks.

(Original post by DLJ)
    What would be the one thing, in your life, that you could change or experience and why?
    No repercussions such as the 'Butterfly Effect' or 'What comes around goes around'. And I don't want to see things like 'I'd prevent 9/11', if you weren't actually affected by it directly. No as realistic as possible, something that happened to you or your family .

Mine would be to spend a bit more time with my beloved black labrador Dougie, who died in 2008. Just an hour or so . I loved him dearly.
    And I would change the amount of cricket I played from the age of 15 too, as it amounted to nothing and affected my GCSE grades a lot.

Thanks.
    I regret the time wasted during my earlier years tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to experience Shogunate:proud:

If I had to change one thing in my life so far Er I think would be keeping in contact with my friends from high school, that would be great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    I regret the time wasted during my earlier years tbh.
    You're like 14...

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd listened to my parents when they said I should not leave work until the last minute.

ReputationRep:
    If I could change something, I'd probably have not done my last play for my drama school. It might sound a bit harsh but, it was right in the middle of my A-Levels and I don't think I concentrated on them as much as I should have. Learning lines and playing the character also seemed a burden, and I didn't enjoy it half as much as I thought I was going to. I may have done better in my A-Levels as a result, and ended up at the uni that I still feel a little bitter about not getting into.

If I could experience something however, it'd be a hug from my mum. Quite apt since it's mothers' day and I guess it's a little soppy, but she died of breast cancer last year and I'd do anything to have a hug off her right now. I miss her to pieces.

ReputationRep:
    Sort of opposite to OP, I would have liked to have played MORE cricket at a younger age. Also probably tried a bit harder with my education, I'm feeling the consequences of that now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    Sort of opposite to OP, I would have liked to have played MORE cricket at a younger age. Also probably tried a bit harder with my education, I'm feeling the consequences of that now.
    For me, it would be LESS cricket! It definitely affected my GCSEs!

ReputationRep:
    Start from year 7 all over again.

ReputationRep:
    Before moving into year 7, change my image to prevent the bullying :sad: then maybe I would be a normal kid.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.