Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is Kings (KCL Med) over-rated? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloody_student)
    I may go to Barts, but Barts is not "way better" in several aspects than Kings (Not in a non-banterous way anyway).

These grandeur delusions that one medical school is "better than another" annoys me royally
    Oxford for med or st georgies for med? exactly.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :lurk:

I'm biased towards Barts and the London :proud:

I wouldn't say GKT is over-rated.. they seem good at what they do :dontknow:

But I'm just going to sit here quietly and watch the arguments :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    kings is good, i know they are. But when people talk bout it, they gget proper anal over it and most kings students think they are like the best and way better than barts studnets.

ignore my englishhh pleaseee, got of msn

ReputationRep:
    All med schools are crap. Apart from nottingham.

Whoever negged me should intercalate in Bsc Sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roller)
    Oxford for med or st georgies for med? exactly.
    Firstly it is either St. Georges or Georgies.

Secondly I would pick the integrated course at Georgies any day

Thirdly, if you think you are making any counter argument against me, you are not, you are just further proving my point. Elitist idiot.

ReputationRep:
    this seems like such a pointless thread....

i'll bring forth my biased GKT views....i loved it when i visited. guys is beautiful, it's just south of the river and london bridge/borough is a nice area etc. The course structure seems amazing, as do the facilities and in terms of rep then, without argument, kings is going to be > barts....its 21st in the world on QS and is seen as being a "prestigious" uni...lots of sources back this.

on the other hand barts has its ups....yes i think its an "up-coming" medical school and if PBL is for you then bart's is your uni...

so yea... no point creating a thread to "poo" on GKT to big up barts....each will appeal to different people

Generally speaking on rankings, prestige etc kcl > barts. But, as i said previously, for medicine, if you like the course barts offers, then it's better than king's.

safe

ReputationRep:
    Tis a sad day when pre-freshers are ****ging off medical schools. FYI Barts is the oldest medical school in the land - it is not 'up and coming!'
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Who the **** cares about rep? If you're an actual medicine pre-fresher (and not a troll) then you should realise that reputation doesn't matter.

Barts is PBL, Kings is traditional.

Grow the **** up, OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh993)

i'll bring forth my biased GKT views....i loved it when i visited. guys is beautiful, it's just south of the river and london bridge/borough is a nice area etc. The course structure seems amazing, as do the facilities and in terms of rep then, without argument, kings is going to be > barts....its 21st in the world on QS and is seen as being a "prestigious" uni...lots of sources back this.

on the other hand barts has its ups....yes i think its an "up-coming" medical school and if PBL is for you then bart's is your uni...

so yea... no point creating a thread to "poo" on GKT to big up barts....each will appeal to different people

Generally speaking on rankings, prestige etc kcl > barts. But, as i said previously, for medicine, if you like the course barts offers, then it's better than king's.

safe
    Surely you are aware such a statement will do nothing but cause an argument?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    Surely you are aware such a statement will do nothing but cause an argument?
    If you re-read what I read, you'll see that I've said that based upon ranking etc. That's merely fact...

Read on and you'll also realise I've argued the case for Bart's too....

ReputationRep:

safe
    Bloody pre-freshers and their "rankings". You can take your "prestige" and shove it
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thought it might be worth mentioning the OP was trolling and has been banned... twice :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Bloody pre-freshers and their "rankings". You can take your "prestige" and shove it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI-gYmxoCRQ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Tis a sad day when pre-freshers are ****ging off medical schools. FYI Barts is the oldest medical school in the land - it is not 'up and coming!'
    "up and coming" in terms of becoming more and more recognised for it's work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Thought it might be worth mentioning the OP was trolling and has been banned... twice :lol:
    would explain a lot

ReputationRep:
    oh dear....you clearly haven't understood what I was trying to say eh? Never mind - carry on with your craziness

Peace out
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Haha. :p:

Don't you dare tar us all with the same brush.

ReputationRep:
    oh dear....you clearly haven't understood what I was trying to say eh? Never mind - carry on with your craziness

Peace out
    I understood what you said perfectly.

My sentiment still stands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Aha! Those comments were actually starting to annoy me!

ReputationRep:
    I understood what you said perfectly.

My sentiment still stands.
    in which case you're simply a buffoon: http://tinyurl.com/3s3khlx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.