Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Don't you dare tar us all with the same brush.
    You must be the diamond in the rough, on TSR at least

I apologize
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by bloody_student)
    You must be the diamond in the rough, on TSR at least

I apologize
    Ha. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Who the **** cares about rep? If you're an actual medicine pre-fresher (and not a troll) then you should realise that reputation doesn't matter.

Barts is PBL, Kings is traditional.

Grow the **** up, OP.
    Brother beska, you is right. :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Big up KCL mandemzzzzzz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Who the **** cares about rep? If you're an actual medicine pre-fresher (and not a troll) then you should realise that reputation doesn't matter.

Barts is PBL, Kings is traditional.

Grow the **** up, OP.
    This.

Some people wont like the experience, and might think its over-rated - and others will love it, and might think the opposite. Absolutely depends on what suits the individual, both are great at what they do, and are hardly secretive about what that is.

Besides, should you care if its over-rated? Hell no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Tommies is a place for highborn ladies/kings is a dump in the strand...etc. I'm not biased
    Highborn fairies. Honestly. Get it right!

(ps I have just realised that may have come across as aggressive. It was not supposed to be)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aldebaran)
    Highborn fairies. Honestly. Get it right!
    The true lyrics are;

I don't want to go to Mary's,
    I don't want to go to Guy's,
    They say the Royal Free is not the place to be,
    And Tommies is a place for highborn ladies,
    UCH is very draughty,
    Charring Cross is buried in the strand (in the strand)
    So if you want some treatment, some very special treatment,
    The London is the best place in the land,
    Cor blimy!

I don't want to leave the union,
    I don't want to qualify,
    I'd rather have some fun,
    Doing the Mile End run,
    And chucking in a bucket in the old Clubs Union,
    Drinking in the Hostel every christmas,
    Drinking in Good Sammies everyday (everyday)
    So if you are a laddie, who wants to follow daddy,
    The London is the best place in the land,
    Cor blimy!

I don't want to loose the union,
    I don't want to unify,
    I rather sit at home,
    Drinking on my own,
    Than sip a diet coke with the QM w******,
    You all think you're very clever,
    We all think that you're a bunch of c**** (bunch of c****)
    So if you want to unite,
    You'll have to find a new site,
    Cos we're not ****ing joining up with you,
    F*** off!

There's dozens of other verses that have come and gone in the midsts of time, but this is definitively a London song (unless that someone from Georgies wants to claim that their version making references to hossies that didn't exist fifteen years ago and containing that well known saff London - and absolutely not cockney - phrase 'Cor Blimey' was first).

ReputationRep:
    hi i'm really stuck on where to go. i just can't decide between barts and kcl. both courses float my boat if i'm honest and i'm just more curious about the student life. i live up in newcastle so it's a bit of a trek for me to go down and visit, plus i'm too skint so wont be able to afford a ticket haa. i would really appreciate if someone could tell me the pros/cons of the campuses or even just about the area around both unis. i keep hearing stuff like "east londons proper rough" but people say that about newc and its totally not true.

thankyouuuu

ReputationRep:
    Do people seriously sit there worrying about whether their medical school is 'prestigious' enough? :confused: Seems about as daft as wondering if your Oxbridge college is 'prestigious' enough tbh; at the end of the day, it's a huge achievement to get in, and it'll take you where you want to be, so why worry?

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't all the applicants (of which I am one) worried about prestige be more worried about making sure there application is as **** hot as possible?

ReputationRep:
    Medschool = Medschool.

ReputationRep:
    oh sorry, when i asked about the area i didn't mean to ask about "prestige" i just wanted to know whether kings offered a better student life than barts thats all . in the end i would be happy with any offer!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by m.l.28)
    oh sorry, when i asked about the area i didn't mean to ask about "prestige" i just wanted to know whether kings offered a better student life than barts thats all . in the end i would be happy with any offer!
    Let me just say this, KCL will love the student life that KCL have to offer.

BATL students will love the student life that BATL have to offer.

If you are finding the student life lacking then it's simple. Make it better

Personally I'm about to become a BATL medicine student so I am both loyal and honour bound to BATL. But ask any london medic and they will agree that BATL are the more wild of the lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Let me just say this, KCL will love the student life that KCL have to offer.

BATL students will love the student life that BATL have to offer.

If you are finding the student life lacking then it's simple. Make it better

Personally I'm about to become a BATL medicine student so I am both loyal and honour bound to BATL. But ask any london medic and they will agree that BATL are the more wild of the lot
    haha i see, thanks for the help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.