Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i would like to know what is involved in the AS and A2 Economics?
    Is it in the same book and what book is used?
    What's the difficulty of the subject on a scale of 1-10?
    Is it possible to cover the content for the AS section within the summer, if I were to decide to uptake it in the following year.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Alexi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangaAlexi)
    Hi, i would like to know what is involved in the AS and A2 Economics?
    Is it in the same book and what book is used?
    What's the difficulty of the subject on a scale of 1-10?
    Is it possible to cover the content for the AS section within the summer, if I were to decide to uptake it in the following year.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Alexi
    (For Edexcel)
    Afraid I can't help with A2, but for AS there are two units:
    Unit 1 - Microeconomics, and you learn about supply and demand (shifts, why supply/demand is elastic/ineleastic ect.), the labour market, market failure and government failure.

Unit 2 - Macroeconomics, learning about the 4 macroeconomic objectives (inflation, balance of trade, unemployment and sustain economic growth) and how they occur and their impacts. Also how the government can control it such as demand and supply side policies ect.

That is basically what we have learned

I have found it quite straightforward (apart from balance of trade; find it so confusing ) but I did economics at GCSE, so it has sort of just built on what we had learned already. So on a scale of 1-10 I would probably say about a 3, as there are some aspects that I find a bit confusing.

We use this textbook:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-AS-E...2324148&sr=8-3

Hope that all makes sense, and good luck with it if you do decide to take it

ReputationRep:
    i think economics statistic probability ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlesworth)
    (For Edexcel)
    Afraid I can't help with A2, but for AS there are two units:
    Unit 1 - Microeconomics, and you learn about supply and demand (shifts, why supply/demand is elastic/ineleastic ect.), the labour market, market failure and government failure.

Unit 2 - Macroeconomics, learning about the 4 macroeconomic objectives (inflation, balance of trade, unemployment and sustain economic growth) and how they occur and their impacts. Also how the government can control it such as demand and supply side policies ect.

That is basically what we have learned

I have found it quite straightforward (apart from balance of trade; find it so confusing ) but I did economics at GCSE, so it has sort of just built on what we had learned already. So on a scale of 1-10 I would probably say about a 3, as there are some aspects that I find a bit confusing.

We use this textbook:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-AS-E...2324148&sr=8-3

Hope that all makes sense, and good luck with it if you do decide to take it
    Thanks very much.
    If you look at this book, check the contents inside it please?
    Do you do all of that or is it selective?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangaAlexi)
    Thanks very much.
    If you look at this book, check the contents inside it please?
    Do you do all of that or is it selective?
    Just looked at the contents page and we do do everything in the book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlesworth)
    Just looked at the contents page and we do do everything in the book
    Great thanks

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.