Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Generally, why is it only a select few guys that get the all of girls? Watch

Keep anon/delete, know guys on here.
    Basically, why is it only a select few of the best looking guys/popular guys who can get lots of girls. The majority of guys just get left out. Then girls complained how they get dumped by the same type of jock/athlete built guy and go back for more.
    This is all I ever see at uni. Girls don't want to be around guys at all unless they have the whole package. Average or even above average just won't do. Why is everything so shallow and cliquey at uni, really hoped it'd be the opposite, but it's actually worse and less diverse than school for this type of thing. Darn it Hull!

ReputationRep:
    Because what their head and what their hearts want are two different things pal.

(Original post by Tyler.)
    Because what their head and what their hearts want are two different things pal.
    Expand, don't understand what you meant.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Learn to play the guitar and you'll have girls swarming all over you.

It just seems to work.

Having a nice bum will also work nicely. Just saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)

Having a nice bum will also work nicely. Just saying.
    This

ReputationRep:
    Harsh generalization.
    Lasting and fulfilled relationships as well as those that break hearts rarely have anything to do with looks. Everyone has different standards and those standards change with time and experience.
    Also, everyone makes mistakes when it comes to choosing to date someone - that is how one learns to distinguish the pricks between the roses. Your observations only apply to Hull.

Learn to play the guitar and you'll have girls swarming all over you.
    Busking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Busking?
    Not Busking. Just being able to play, and play pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Its evolution at work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyler.)
    ..how do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Well this isn't fact, I'm not a female but this is my conclusion;

Their heart desires a nice gentle guy who isn't going to mess them around and is going to take good care of them. Their head tells them otherwise - so when they spend time with a "bad boy" they tend to fall for them. Most girls love a bit of roughness and a bit of mysteriousness.

That does tend to change later on in life, or so I've heard.

Girls, feel free to correct me. I don't pretend to be an expert. ;p

Not Busking. Just being able to play, and play pretty good.
    It was a joke mate.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt that. You aren't going for the right girls lol. Don't you think loads of girls might say 'why is it that only a select few girls get all the guys, most guys only want the much better than average ones and complain when they get dumped, rejected or used. I thought things would be different at uni, but all the guys are shallow and cliquey.'

ReputationRep:
    Cause the average guy = yawn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anya~)
    Cause the average guy = yawn
    That's cool, so you're not average girl then?

Piks or GTFO

ReputationRep:
    In other words: the OP is insecure about his appearance, and blaming the world for not wanting to shag him. Hardly surprising, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Bad boys tend to be the most confident funny guys.
    Nice and kind = dull as dishwater.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    In other words: the OP is insecure about his appearance, and blaming the world for not wanting to shag him. Hardly surprising, is it?
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Coz girls become instantly more attracted to you if they know other girls are too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlepants)
    Bad boys tend to be the most confident funny guys.
    Nice and kind = dull as dishwater.
    Well, that's subjective

I find dishwater very interesting

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.