Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it fair to blame my lack of relationships on race? watch

Keep anon/delete as I know people from uni on here.
    Basically I've never had a relationship before and I blame in on my race (s. asian). Is this fair?
    Open ended debate please.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not fair at all.

The Asian blokes I know have no trouble finding gals, mostly Asian but also some whites.

It could be something to do with your looks/personality.

ReputationRep:
    No lol. It's not fair.

You get what you're given. Be thankful you're not disabled / mentally ill / orphaned / in poverty / a political prisoner etc. Get some confidence init.

ReputationRep:
    a
    b
    c
    d
    e
    f
    g
    h
    i
    j
    k
    l
    m
    n
    p
    q
    r
    s
    t
    u
    v
    w
    x
    y
    z

ReputationRep:
    I think you're slightly disadvantaged by being south indian but you can still get some

ReputationRep:
    Yes. In before the loser pretending to Asian aka Mr Smurf.

ReputationRep:
    Unfair indeed. When its time, it will happen.

ReputationRep:
    You're probably the kind of guy that asks "do you like indian guys?" then wonders why he's alone.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not so much, but it is kind of true to some extents, it's not quite as easy. Ah well, we're all allowed to have some excuses though, so no worries (you're not the only one).

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, is it fair to lie to yourself? Interesting moral dilemma.

ReputationRep:
    nope, it could be because you're:
    ugly, dumb, creepy, stalker, unconfident, fat, mean, never made the first move, loner, really short or really thin or you could be going for the wrong types of girl...

ReputationRep:
    Despite Mr Smurf might say, it's not fair.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on where you live/study. Move to a more Asian area.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it could well have been a factor and played a part at some point, but in this day and age it's hardly reason alone so in that sense it is unfair.. Different people find all sorts of different types attractive. You need to change your outlook and get confident - it'll happen for you in time.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried taking an initiative and not setting sky high standards when it comes to potential dates? Try not to find excuses and work with what you have.

I have never felt like my race[s] has ever hampered me from getting a date or being in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    No it's because you're an *inscure *******. Hit the weights and get hench then go get the bishes.

asian guy seeing mixed race girl tomorrow, u mad?

ReputationRep:
    "Girls don't fancy me because... I'm an Asian."
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No not fair. Race has nothing to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkxangel)
    nope, it could be because you're:
    ugly, dumb, creepy, stalker, unconfident, fat, mean, never made the first move, loner, really short or really thin or you could be going for the wrong types of girl...
    Ouch

Got me in a nutshell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Keep anon/delete as I know people from uni on here.
    Basically I've never had a relationship before and I blame in on my race (s. asian). Is this fair?
    Open ended debate please.
    Regardless of how fair it is, it's extremely unproductive.

Focus on things you can change.

If you really think you're as physically fit as you can make yourself and you dress the best you possibly can. If you think you're approach game when it comes to women and approaching/interacting with them is as good as it can be.

When you've made sure all these things are as good as they can be (which I doubt will ever happen) then you can start blaming race. Just for the record I know two asian guys well and not only are they going out with girls but they are damn good looking too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.