The Student Room Group

16 and 21 - Is this ok?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Chaofan88
Wait, change of heart. Seeing as 'god' deems it as an abomination, then homosexuals disgust me. The same way that shrimp/oyster eaters, divorced women, men who think it is morally wrong to sell their daughter as sex slaves, and people who eat bettery chicken disgust me. Hey, I heard a bunch of women just got married and had sex prior to the marriage, fancy coming to stone them to death with me?

If they commit a grave sin against God, i see no reason why they shouldn't be punished within reason
Reply 61
Original post by Harrifer
You're not for real.:tongue:

Who the hell are you to question my beliefs? have some damn courtesy...
The bro code states that the equation for a viable couple is y/2+7. Y being your own age.

21/2 = 10.5
10.5 +7 = 17.5

no.
Reply 63
Original post by Reml
Who the hell are you to question my beliefs? have some damn courtesy...

I was questioning whether or not they actually were your beliefs. You're clearly a troll.
Reply 64
No, it's weird. A five year gap isn't much, once you're passed say... 20/21.

Honestly, any 21 year old guy that goes out with a sixteen year old girl can't get anyone his own age. The girl could be in year 11 doing her GCSEs while the guy could potentially be in his third year at uni! It's just not right!
Reply 65
Original post by S129439
The bro code states that the equation for a viable couple is y/2+7. Y being your own age.

21/2 = 10.5
10.5 +7 = 17.5

no.

I love this. Although, a 90 year old going out with a 52 year old would be a little odd.
Reply 66
Original post by Anonymous
My mom loves my bf. He's 10 years older. :mmm:

(Met when I was 17 :awesome:)

Your mum loves your bf because he's old enough to be her toy boy
It's legal, but what would they have in common?
I'm a girl, and when I was younger I would have agreed that it is fine, but I've changed my opinion.

I'm 23 now and there is no way I'd go out with anyone under 20. The mentality of a 16-year-old is different to that of someone in their 20's, usually the older partner is taking advantage.

There is nothing illegal about it, I know, but I'd think a guy in his 20's who chased after 16/17-year-olds was a desperate creep.
Original post by Arenas123
Sorry that was a bit harsh.

Still I think it's a bit weird.

Would you go out with a 45 year old ? That's still legal. Legality of it all isn't very helpfull.

Hai it's okay, everyone's entitled to an opinion.
I'm 18 now and the max would be 30.
I don't know, I fancy older men. Some women like "Toy Boys".
Same for men really?
You cannyyyy help sexual preference :biggrin:
Original post by Noodlepants
I dated a 24 year old when I was 16 so no I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

lol major lad points
Reply 71
Original post by Harrifer
I was questioning whether or not they actually were your beliefs. You're clearly a troll.

Well they are my beliefs
Reply 72
Original post by Noodlepants
Hai it's okay, everyone's entitled to an opinion.
I'm 18 now and the max would be 30.
I don't know, I fancy older men. Some women like "Toy Boys".
Same for men really?
You cannyyyy help sexual preference :biggrin:

Well women that go for significantly older men are said to have daddy issues and women that go for younger men (are extremely rare at our age for the record and it's common you see them at around 40 which is coincidentally the age they can't have kids anymore) are resolving some sort of maternal instinct. Both weird if you ask me.

Erm you can't help sexual preference but for me age isn't something that really comes into it. I want girls to be around the same age as me for experience etc. and being in the same situation. I think any girl that goes for men a lot older probably needs to spend more time with her dad and any man that goes for 16 year olds at 24 probably needs to be put on a list and given some methlyprogesterone (might be wrong name but it's the chemical castration drug).
Reply 73
ugh. It sucks when you're the wrong age of the legal ages.

15 and 17. Feels bad man.

For anyone about to shout something at me. We're both virgins. And I'm being the most gentlemanly man I can possibley be.

....that said, I consider age of consent a little arbitrary :ninja:
Original post by SAK.A
Girl = 16

Man = 60

Is it still fine? He's legal, she's legal, everybodys legal.

I'm not gonna deny that I'd be like "eww" and think that seriously weird, but if they really are happy together then that's the main thing at the end of the day, right? :dontknow:
Reply 75
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I'm not gonna deny that I'd be like "eww" and think that seriously weird, but if they really are happy together then that's the main thing at the end of the day, right? :dontknow:

True. Who are we to deny love.
Use the french rule,

Half your age plus seven is the minimum but only if the answer is 16+
Reply 77
Original post by Reml
Well they are my beliefs

That's quite incredible. How do you deal with the modern world?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you don't believe in evolution either. School must have been tough.

Quick Reply