Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of putting down NHC as first choice seen someone say it less social due to more mature and foreign students is this true? That would be the one thing I would want to avoid in accomodation

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard this at all, only place I've heard this about is Sentinel Towers. A few people in the main accommodation thread have said they're applying for NHC and they certainly aren't mature or foreign students. I think people have said it has a great atmosphere because it's smaller, so everybody knows everybody. Speaking of though, there's nothing to say that any mature or foreign students would be what you're thinking (i.e the stereotypical quite and non-social lot) and would likely just be the same as everyone else in most circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    I saw that same comment after I applied to NHC, which scared me a bit, but from my wider research it seems ok - lots of 'normal' people, albeit a small place

ReputationRep:
    ahah im normal (i hope) i applied there x

ReputationRep:
    Yeahhh I suppose you could say I'm normal

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.