Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

I am considering studying this MSc at the LSE.

It is my aim to land a consultancy role in a BB investment bank or a big 4 firm. I'm not that interested in a job at a top consultancy firm; I'd rather work for an IB or big 4. (I love Corporate Finance, but am aiming for consultancy because I'm more qualitative than quantitative.)
    I have contacted the LSE re: career opportunities for this course but although they were nice, they weren't very clear.

Can anyone please advise me on the career options that I could enter with this MSc from the LSE, and more specifically whether or not it opens up doors in consultancy in IBs or big 4s?
    I am brilliant at Psychology so if I do the MSc I would get merit, probably distinction.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    why can't you get one of these roles with your undergraduate degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by made_of_fail)
    why can't you get one of these roles with your undergraduate degree?
    It's in Biomedicine lol. And it's only a 2:1. From a redbrick uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexiel)
    It's in Biomedicine lol. And it's only a 2:1. From a redbrick uni
    why not try big 4 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by made_of_fail)
    why not try big 4 ?
    I am thinking of applying for TS in Deloitte but not consulting- they only have EA and Technology left and I HATE I.T.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.