Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at the UKCAT and did the mock and it is so unbelievably difficult to complete any of the sections in the time allocated. I did 5 questions in 21 minutes in QR. I don't know how it's possible to do it any faster! Can anyone give me some advice on how to improve my pace please? :confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kibbles)
    I was looking at the UKCAT and did the mock and it is so unbelievably difficult to complete any of the sections in the time allocated. I did 5 questions in 21 minutes in QR. I don't know how it's possible to do it any faster! Can anyone give me some advice on how to improve my pace please? :confused::confused:
    Practise practise practise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kibbles)
    QR is easier in the real thing, so try not to worry too much. But you do need to just keep going over and over the questions. You will find that similar equations will always come up (like speed = distance / time) so make sure you have practised enough to start to see these common equations and start to know them back to front.

QR is also not really made to be finished. Yes, people do finish it and do amazingly in it, but for us mere mortals who aren't little math gods, you are likely to never be able to finish it. Because of this, GUESS! If something stumps you and you have no idea, don't sit there worrying, just take a guess. Hopefully it's an educated guess, if not, you still have a 25% chance of getting it right!
    Also, don't get bogged down in working out an answer exactly, as often you will be able to start working it out then see that only one of the answers is feasible, therefore you are saving a little working out time.

Other than that, keep doing practice questions!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.