Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As I am cursed with the misfortune of a late birthday I have reached the time of year were the majority of my friends are 18 and I am still 17.
    This hasn't really bothered as Ive done the usual thing of simply borrowing a friends ID and memorising the details trick, but recently the town we usually go has tightened up in terms of letting in the underaged.
    Does anyone out there have any good advice for getting into clubs more easily without being pulled aside and scrutinized? Any information would be helpful .

ReputationRep:
    Smokers entrance!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Doctor. SW)
    As I am cursed with the misfortune of a late birthday I have reached the time of year were the majority of my friends are 18 and I am still 17.
    This hasn't really bothered as Ive done the usual thing of simply borrowing a friends ID and memorising the details trick, but recently the town we usually go has tightened up in terms of letting in the underaged.
    Does anyone out there have any good advice for getting into clubs more easily without being pulled aside and scrutinized? Any information would be helpful .
    If your a girl then its very self- explantory; but if you are not prepared to this far then just dress older and be confident and if they say this isn't you then argue with them and don't back down.

If they say this isn't you and you walk off you can wave bi bye to going in there again whereas if you argue your point and suceed your chances of going in there week to week with your friends with increase ten fold.

ReputationRep:
    I do try and dress old (Im a guy btw) but its just a horrible feeling being turned away from a club, its only happened once. But the bouncer just pushed me away so I decided to walk off as he was about three times my size :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Doctor. SW)
    I do try and dress old (Im a guy btw) but its just a horrible feeling being turned away from a club, its only happened once. But the bouncer just pushed me away so I decided to walk off as he was about three times my size :P
    Sounds like you was lucky to get given the ID back. Why not drink in pubs until you turn 18. Honestly nightclubs are not all what there cracked up to be im nearly 19 now and when i go to nightclubs it feels like i'm at a cresh. There all fall of posers and the drinks are terribly over priced.

ReputationRep:
    I do prefer pubs, but its just the feeling of missing out I don't like if I stop going to the nightclubs. I suppose people will be going out less and less now due to exams and by the time the exams are finished I'll be 18 anyway . I would save a hell of a lot of money as well....

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.