Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Another good session, hopefully this trend continues:

Strict Press 57.5kg x 3,3,4. Target was 9 reps so this was good and it's actually a rep PB.

Pendlay Rows 62.5kg x 5,5,5.

Squats 85kg x 5,5,5.

Decline Sit ups 10kg x 8,8.

ReputationRep:
    Yet another great session, 2 PBs. Must be the power of creatine coursing through me! (or that I've finally stopped eating like a woman)

Bench 82.5kg x 5,5,5. Only the last rep of the last set was really hard, feelsgoodman. Maybe get 100 sooner than I thought for a single.

Deadlift 117.5kg x 5. Really easy, might be form improvement but no video today so who knows. Once I hit 120kg I might start going up in increments of 5kg until bar speed starts to slow down.

CGBP 60kg x 8,6. Tried something different to skulls, will do these straight after benching next time instead of after deadlifts.

Going again tomorrow, hopefully will make another strict press PB and have a reasonable squatting session.

ReputationRep:
    how come your bench is lightyears ahead of other lifts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallium)
    how come your bench is lightyears ahead of other lifts?
    Short answer: my school gym only had a bench press and dumbells so I started benching months before I tried any of the other lifts.

Longer answer: due to a history with foot and knee issues I have to be careful with squatting so I really don't progress on this like I should.

My deadlift is nowhere near capacity atm, had a long period of just working on form and keeping my back flat.

I feel my strict press is in proportion with my bench and I've just started doing pendlay rows.

ReputationRep:
    Makes sense :d, mines is the other way round really weak bench/ohp and decent squat/deadlift

Btw whats your height and weight

ReputationRep:
    5/11 and ~80kg (seems to fluctuate a bit)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallium)
    Makes sense :d, mines is the other way round really weak bench/ohp and decent squat/deadlift

Btw whats your height and weight
    Once ramadan is dealt then you can start going heavy on BP.
    (Original post by Mdawg)
    5/11 and ~80kg (seems to fluctuate a bit)
    Sub'd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Once ramadan is dealt then you can start going heavy on BP.

Sub'd

Fuarkkk yeahh! Eat like a beast train like a beast!!! My mates dad owns a meat shop so discount prices baby :P....diets going to be effective but repetitive gonna eat the same **** day in day out.

ReputationRep:
    Good session again:

Strict Press 57.5kg x 4,4,4. Made the target and another rep PB.

Squats 87.5kg x 5,5,3,5. Boxers split on the third set so I had to abort!

Pendlay Rows 65kg x 5,5,5.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on PB! =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mdawg)
    Good session again:

Strict Press 57.5kg x 4,4,4. Made the target and another rep PB.

Squats 87.5kg x 5,5,3,5. Boxers split on the third set so I had to abort!

Pendlay Rows 65kg x 5,5,5.
    Son, I am proud.

Son, I am disappoint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    Son, I am proud.

Son, I am disappoint.
    I know man, should have just stuck on my figurative sunglasses and been like "deal with it."

ReputationRep:
    Mixed session today. Basically I was at a different gym which advertises itself as really elite and high-end so I was expecting big things. It had a lot of weird **** like a sprinting track, climbing wall and a boxing ring but only two power cages (albeit good ones), no 1.25kg plates and worst of all, no flat benches! They had these weird "ergonomical" ones instead which the trainer there claimed are better for your back. When I pointed out it was pretty hard to bench properly without a flat bench, he hopped on to whack out a few reps of just the bar as if to reinforce his argument...anyway it meant that I couldn't get in my normal benching position and whether this was a genuine problem or just in my head I'm not really sure.

Yes I am mad, benching was going really well.

Bench 85kg x 4,3,2 or 3.

CGBP 60kg x 8,7

Deadlifts 120kg x 5. This was actually really good. The floors at this gym were nice and flat and hard which is the polar opposite of the one I regularly go to so the DL felt stronger today.

RDLing at 80kg.

ReputationRep:
    Nice progress numbers on the bench

ReputationRep:
    Do these benches create a ready made arch for you or something? Either way, sounds like a ****ty techno gym mate. However, those numbers are still pretty nice.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh they're supposed to do something like that but it feels rubbish for benching.

EDIT: It's technically a PB but I would have done a lot better with a good setup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mdawg)
    Yeh they're supposed to do something like that but it feels rubbish for benching.

EDIT: It's technically a PB but I would have done a lot better with a good setup.
    How come you've switched gyms anyway?

ReputationRep:
    How come you've switched gyms anyway?
    It's not permanent, just for when I can't drive to lift with the bros. This techno one is in walking distance of my house.

About the military press thing yeh I have no idea what the "correct" proportion is with bench, but our militaries seem not far off each other whereas your bench blows mine out the water.

So today I was on 5 hours sleep and not much food, decided to take it easy. Also no 1.25 plates in this gym which led to a less structured session than usual.

Military Press: worked up to 60x1 then 65kg x 1. This wasn't even a grind at all so I may have 70 in me soon.

Squats: quick 3x5 of 80kg.

Pendlay Rows 70kg x 5,5,4. Need to get another video, make sure I'm not cheating too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mdawg)
    It's not permanent, just for when I can't drive to lift with the bros. This techno one is in walking distance of my house.

About the military press thing yeh I have no idea what the "correct" proportion is with bench, but our militaries seem not far off each other whereas your bench blows mine out the water.

So today I was on 5 hours sleep and not much food, decided to take it easy. Also no 1.25 plates in this gym which led to a less structured session than usual.

Military Press: worked up to 60x1 then 65kg x 1. This wasn't even a grind at all so I may have 70 in me soon.

Squats: quick 3x5 of 80kg.

Pendlay Rows 70kg x 5,5,4. Need to get another video, make sure I'm not cheating too much.
    Ah right fair enough, I wouldn't worry about it setting you back in that case.

Maybe you just have super swole shoulders ? Or perhaps there is an issue with your bench technique, what's it at right now?

Nice pressing, if you go hard at it you might get a BW press by the end of the year. You're ~80kg right?

ReputationRep:
    Ah right fair enough, I wouldn't worry about it setting you back in that case.

Maybe you just have super swole shoulders ? Or perhaps there is an issue with your bench technique, what's it at right now?

Nice pressing, if you go hard at it you might get a BW press by the end of the year. You're ~80kg right?
    Yeh maybe I'm a natural at strict pressing, who knows? Bench technique is certainly not as good as it could be. For example I don't use any leg drive and have issues keeping my lats tight too. BW Press would be awesome but it's a way off yet.

Good session today, back at the usual place:

Bench @ 85kg x 5,5,4. According to my spotter the last rep was very closed to being locked out so I'm pleased with this. Will repeat the weight and hopefully smash it next time.

CGBP @ 60kg x 12,8.

Deadlifts @ 122.5kg x 5. Nice and easy, got a shiny video of them too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UXDUhif420
    My initial thoughts are that while my legs are still locking out too quickly, there's been some improvement as I've focused more on pulling backwards and that's good considering weight is still rising nicely. As you can see all the reps were very fast so I'm possibly going to start jumping 5kg again.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.