Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You can do SS on maintenance. I don't weigh anymore than I did when I first started my log here. You should be proud of your stretch marks though bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mdawg)
    I've gained nearly 15kg over the last 3 or 4 months and I'm getting stretch marks from it on my arms, and chest to a lesser extent. Although I know this is unavoidable, I'd really like to minimise them.
    Bio-oil. Mothers swear by it, and I got through it by the ton when I was making noob gains too. Expensive, mind.

A tip though, try to keep as much of it off your hands as you can. I found it started softening callouses, dropping my grip a bit.

ReputationRep:
    i like the battle wounds :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha~~)
    Bio-oil. Mothers swear by it, and I got through it by the ton when I was making noob gains too. Expensive, mind.

A tip though, try to keep as much of it off your hands as you can. I found it started softening callouses, dropping my grip a bit.
    Thanks, I may give this a shot but I wouldn't call a 2 plate bench and 70kg military press noobish tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mdawg)
    Thanks, I may give this a shot but I wouldn't call a 2 plate bench and 70kg military press noobish tbh
    I wasn't talking about the stats. I was referring to the mass gained, since 15kg over 4 months seems pretty much like beginners gains. Fair play if it isn't though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mdawg)
    Somebody's sensitive :smug:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha~~)
    I wasn't talking about the stats. I was referring to the mass gained, since 15kg over 4 months seems pretty much like beginners gains. Fair play if it isn't though.
    Yeh I think it was a mixture of noob gains on legs, some gains on upper body, fat and water weight. Sorry for being a bit rude btw, I do appreciate the advice.

(Original post by Cast.Iron)
    Somebody's sensitive :smug:.
    Quiet you!

ReputationRep:
    I was speaking with a guy I used to lift with today. He was pretty impressed with my benching and pressing and wondered what I look like now, so I took a couple of physique pics (no homo can't save me now) to show him. Anyway I thought I could put one up for my dedicated fans here:

Weird lighting and no leg picks because I'm a ******.

(Original post by HilariousNinja)
    This may demstronstate my weight a bit better.

ReputationRep:
    I was speaking with a guy I used to lift with today. He was pretty impressed with my benching and pressing and wondered what I look like now, so I took a couple of physique pics (no homo can't save me now) to show him. Anyway I thought I could put one up for my dedicated fans here:

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Weird lighting and no leg picks because I'm a ******.

(Original post by HilariousNinja)
    This may demstronstate my weight a bit better.

ReputationRep:
    whats with the negative effect lol?, how longer you plan on doing ss ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallium)
    whats with the negative effect lol?, how longer you plan on doing ss ?
    I just thought it gave a bit of a funny look. I'm not really doing SS atm, I've split up my squat and deadlift days and doing each lift with equal frequence since I wanted to squat less and do everything else more.

Also I'm no longer really on SS progression for military or bench.

ReputationRep:
    Son, I am disappoint with the negative effect. However, looking good (no homo).

ReputationRep:
    you got decent gains with ss tho brah! all though a little assistance could have helped you fill out a bit more

ReputationRep:
    07/09:

Strict Press 60kg x 3,3,3. Got the target, no failure. Felt ok.
    Pendlays 65kg x 5,5,5.
    Squats 95kg x 5,5,5.
    Didn't have any carbs pre workout so could barely walk home after this.

08/09 great session:

Bench 85kg x 5,5,5. Smashed this one, no grind at all.
    Deadlifts 127.5kg x 5. Better than last session, still a bit of form deterioration.
    DB rows with 35kg.
    12.5kg Decline Sit ups x 11.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to mention that I weighed in at 84.4kg or something close to that.

ReputationRep:
    Good session overall today despite it being early:

Strict Press: 60kg x 4,4,5. Beat target by 2 reps, last was a bit shaky.

Squats 97.5kg x 5,5,2 (didn't attempt third). This was a total mess. I had no flexibility during my warm up sets, so I strecthed before the work sets. Then on the very first rep I went down so low that I hit the safety pins and failed due to that. I felt like I couldn't properly get my knees out or hips back, and every time I tried to get hip drive coming out the hole it felt like my back was rouding.

Pendlay Rows 67.5kg x 5,5,5. Took a wider grip this time and it felt great.

ReputationRep:
    Strong presses. What program do you follow ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Strong presses. What program do you follow ?
    Have been on SS most of the time. Recently changed it a bit to suit me better but still the same basic principles (3x5 linear progression, focus on main lifts, little to no assistance).

ReputationRep:
    what was your screen name on Hon again bro? If you have skype that would be cool too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_tait)
    what was your screen name on Hon again bro? If you have skype that would be cool too.
    Screen name is Mowoff. I have skype, what's your addy?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.