Turn on thread page Beta

can you change course when you get to uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am probably going to nottingham to do poltics. However if I decided I wanted to change course when I got there, would I be able to do it? for example change from politics to geography.

ReputationRep:
    well you can at my uni as long as the subject you are changing to is in the same school/college as the one on your UCAS application.
    dunno about other unis though, ask your advisor when you meet with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    well you can at my uni as long as the subject you are changing to is in the same school/college as the one on your UCAS application.
    dunno about other unis though, ask your advisor when you meet with them.
    You are at glasgow and I know that they are very flexible with courses changes( you can change to anything). What applies to glasgow will not necessarily apply to other univeristies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quintus)
    You are at glasgow and I know that they are very flexible with courses changes( you can change to anything). What applies to glasgow will not necessarily apply to other univeristies.
    i know, thats why i said i wasn't sure about other universities.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Email them and ask.

Most universities allow transfers at the end of the first year as long as you meet grade and certain module prerequisites.

ReputationRep:
    hi, i dont know how to create my own thread, so i hope you dont mind me posting a question on this thread. anyway, basically i intend to change my course to Law and university (NTU), but i'm in my second year at the moment, uni of Herts studying Accounting. I really hate this course, i dont really know why i actually chose it to be honest. So my question is, am i eligible to make such a move at this late stage in time? if so what are my chances of actually getting into my intended course? finally, do I have to go through UCAS again, or simply call up the uni and do it directly? thanks!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on whether or not the course is at its full capacity or not. You get drop-outs so you might get lucky, so it's worth emailing the uni and asking what their policy is.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.