Turn on thread page Beta

The Libertines or The Strokes? watch

• View Poll Results: Libertines or Strokes?
    The Libertines
    43.24%
    The Strokes
    56.76%

ReputationRep:
    The UK has The Libertines and the US had The Strokes, but who do you prefer?

or

ReputationRep:
    The Libertines are good, yes, but to be fair The Strokes are in a different league

ReputationRep:
    def. strokes for me...i just like their style better but saw libertines live at leeds fest last year and they were amazing

ReputationRep:
    The Libertines.

Although, Babyshambles >The Libertines.

ReputationRep:
    Libertines. The strokes get a bit 'samey' to me.... The libertines are more artful and deep imo

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say the Libertines are the UK equivalent of the Strokes anyway, but the Strokes :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Libertines will always be 10x better than The Strokes.

And I love the Strokes.

ReputationRep:
    the libertines

ReputationRep:
    The Libertines deffo Although I do like The Strokes.

ReputationRep:
    The Strokes, but I like The Libertines, too.

ReputationRep:
    I like The Strokes, but I love The Libertines. They were awesome at Reading last year.

ReputationRep:
    the libertines- cant stand me now is one of my favourite songs EVER.

ReputationRep:
    Strokes by a country mile.

Libertines? Artful and deep? ....yeah.....

ReputationRep:
    I've always liked the Strokes' studio stuff more, but I saw the Libertines at Reading last year and they were amazing.
    Looking forward to seeing the Strokes play Reading this year!:excited:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I wouldn't say they are really comparable but if I had to choose, Libertines every time.

ReputationRep:
    The Libertines. I was obsessed with them a couple of years ago in a way I've never been obsessed with The Strokes. I love them both very much though. :love: I currently have Angles on repeat... The Strokes never let me down when they bring out a new album.

Edit: And I just accidently voted for The Strokes. Must be because I was listening to them at the time!

ReputationRep:
    I really, REALLY don't get the hype about either. But there's a few Strokes tracks I find quite catchy, as opposed to the Libertines whos music just bores me to tears, so Strokes it is.

ReputationRep:
    Libertines, hands down.

The Strokes have some great songs but have also made too many bad songs. The Libertines were fairly short lived but their albums were incredible. They, to me, are the more fun, interesting and genuine band.

ReputationRep:
    Never liked The Libertines, bar "Can't Stand Me Now". Liked Babyshambles more. But The Strokes beats them both.

ReputationRep:
    Libs, Libs, Libs. All the way.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.