Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

"80 points must be obtained from a minimum of 2 GCE A Level qualifications" watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinchenko)
    Um well in that case I win/lose since I need 440 equivalent
    Damn.
    Although my offer is for Hull which is seen as a sheet uni so can I still win? xP

ReputationRep:
    Sorry that I didn't reply, and thanks a bleeding lot for all of you clearing this all up :-)

It's actually for a BA in Media and Popular Culture - so to most people out there, it's a lousy degree that's easy as pie to get onto.

I actually can't believe I need 80 points to get in, but nonetheless I'm aiming higher than two E grades - trust me!

ReputationRep:
    My course at leeds met is the same! Its 80 points overall

ReputationRep:
    nice im doing international tourism management they ask for 80-120 lol HND but then u can do the BA third year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJHERBZ)
    80 points? I need 360 points and that's just to put me in a position to reapply Damn you medicineeeee!

*Shakes fist towards sky*

But, in answer to your question, it means that as long as you make up 80 points between the 2 courses you'll get in.
    Rep'd cuz it made me chuckle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    Yes, but it's a bit of a catch-22 clause, because the calibre of a student who got an EE offer from Cambridge would probably be so high that they'd already have more than EE from their AS exams alone.
    Someone from my school got an EE offer from Cambridge for English, because he wrote his personal statement in iambic pentameter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lareneg)
    Someone from my school got an EE offer from Cambridge for English, because he wrote his personal statement in iambic pentameter.
    Seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lareneg)
    I'd hope the real story is '...despite writing his personal statement in iambic pentameter'. (not accusing you of fibbing, just maybe him of thinking too much of his trick!)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.