Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    AS French Written Essay - Edexcel

The "creative" written essay at the end of the paper is confusing to me... it gives four points to cover usually testing your opinion, your tenses and understanding... i'm not sure how to structure my essay and how much detail to go into... any help on this is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    hello, im doing as level french and whenever i have a mock exam on the written essay i try to leave myself atleast 30 minutes on it and i try to list a few ideas in english first about the bullet points and then let your imagination do the rest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PBeadle1)
    AS French Written Essay - Edexcel

The "creative" written essay at the end of the paper is confusing to me... it gives four points to cover usually testing your opinion, your tenses and understanding... i'm not sure how to structure my essay and how much detail to go into... any help on this is appreciated.
    Hey, I did this paper last year, the key is to stick to the word limit of 220-240 words. In order to get full marks, you must cover all the bullet points. I'd start with a short intro to introduce the general theme of the essay (education / work / global issues etc...) then write a paragraph on each of the points, then tie it all together with a conclusion if you have time at the end.

The examiner will also appreciate if you leave a line blank in between each line of writing, to help them with corrections, and also so that you can make any changes quickly and neatly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 6, 2011

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.