The Student Room Group

IF YOU DO WELL IN PHARMACY AT NOTTINGHAM can you do medicine in first yr?

i heard this on previous threads but just want a link to clarify:
same with leeds and bradford
No way. Why would they let you into medicine from 1st year at pharmacy.
Reply 2
Original post by firestar101
No way. Why would they let you into medicine from 1st year at pharmacy.

idiot i knew someone would reply stupidly like that...did you even read a single thing before saying that?
its specific unis mate robert gordon dont do it
Reply 3
anyone
?
Reply 4
You'd be better off asking Nottingham.
Reply 5
Pharmacy is a completely different field to ****ing medicine. Come on! I hate to be grouchy but can you not see how ridiculous this question is?!
Reply 6
I was content fobbing the OP off with "You'd be better off asking Nottingham", but to be honest Beska you pretty much vocalised my thoughts right there.
Reply 7
Original post by Beska
Pharmacy is a completely different field to ****ing medicine. Come on! I hate to be grouchy but can you not see how ridiculous this question is?!

i know its a different course but im asking whether you can transfer to year 1 of medicine not yr 2 idiot...ff
No.

Even if they do let some people transfer in it would most likely only be 1 or 2 people (so really it would be more competitive than taking a gap year and reapplying as an undergrad), and I can't see why they would be choosing pharmacy students over biomedical science or molecular medicine students.

University of Nottingham FAQs
Q: Can I transfer into the Nottingham medical course (A100) from a biochemistry degree course?

A: No. The university does not allow any transfers into the medical course from any other course. If you wish to apply for medicine after starting a biochemistry, or any other, course you would have to apply via UCAS in the normal way, or alternatively apply to a Graduate Entry Medical (GEM) course, which you would start after graduating with your biochemistry degree. Nottingham University has a GEM course at the Medical School situated in Derby, but you have to apply for this course via UCAS; there are no guaranteed places for Nottingham graduates. Nevertheless, a biochemistry degree would be excellent preparation for any medical course.

Apparently transfers are possibly from Bradford to Leeds, although not a huge number transfer, and not from a pharmacy course.

University of Bradford website
* Clinical Sciences ( with an option to transfer to MBChB at Leeds after 1 year)
* Foundation in Clinical Sciences/Medicine (with an option to transfer to MBChB at Leeds)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by alia
i know its a different course but im asking whether you can transfer to year 1 of medicine not yr 2 idiot...ff

Reread my post. I said a different profession idiot... ff
Reply 10
Original post by Persephone9
No.

Even if they do let some people transfer in it would most likely only be 1 or 2 people (so really it would be more competitive than taking a gap year and reapplying as an undergrad), and I can't see why they would be choosing pharmacy students over biomedical science or molecular medicine students.

Apparently transfers are possibly from Bradford to Leeds, although not a huge number transfer, and not from a pharmacy course.

no for me because i dont have bio even though i have excellent grades....also it would mean no ukcat so again better chance
Yes, that's generally how it works. You can also transfer into Law at Oxford if you wish.
Original post by alia
no for me because i dont have bio even though i have excellent grades....also it would mean no ukcat so again better chance

Ok, but you should consider that if you aren't able to transfer (which is possible, as a lot of students on the course will have a transfer in mind) then you'll be stuck doing a degree that you don't necessarily want to do, and without biology you will have to apply for the foundation year.

Entrance Requirements
Foundation in Clinical Sciences/Medicine - 200 points

Including at least two subjects studied at GCE A level (or equivalent), which must be offered at grade C or above.

Clinical Sciences 300 points (e.g. B,B, B)

Including GCE A level (or equivalent) Biology and Chemistry grade B or above.
Reply 13
Yep you can transfer. Also they allow engineers to transfer in final year too....
Original post by Moonkin
Yep you can transfer. Also they allow engineers to transfer in final year too....

I highly doubt that.
Original post by alia

Never insult Brother Beska. :mad:
Reply 16
I did A-level IT and got transferred to be the head of IBM.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending