Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you make your car un-stealable? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viksta1000)
    clamp your car???

(Original post by Profesh)
    Clamp it.

(Original post by rmhumphries)
    Get it painted pink. With yellow polka-dots.

Noone would steal it then

On a more serious note, get a decent alarm / tracker. Or clamping it yourself isn't that bad of an idea.

(Original post by Landie_Man)
    Make an induction coil with thick gauged wire round the steering wheel, spray black to disguise and hide an isolated key
    How do you do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    How do you do that?
    Get an ignition coil from a scrap yard I guess - it'd work like a home made electric fence.

Fiat are a bit of a joke imo - my ex boss got into a colleagues car by mistake on the radio fob... doesn't matter if there's 30 million possible combinations if they're all keyed the same.

ReputationRep:
    put a really dangerous animal, like a python, in the back seat! then no-one will want to get inside. simples.

ReputationRep:
    They'll steal the python.

Disklok - £60±

Blackjax - £100±

Done !

ReputationRep:
    Always get a strong chain and tie it on to the wheel of the car to your bed then you will know if someone tries to steel it .. or anchor it lol like they do with motorbikes...

otherwise trolololol here http://tinyurl.com/3rj258s
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You can have my car no one wants that enough to try and nick it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smilingsam)
    Always get a strong chain and tie it on to the wheel of the car to your bed then you will know if someone tries to steel it .. or anchor it lol like they do with motorbikes...

otherwise trolololol here http://tinyurl.com/3rj258s
    Lol I know some people will use a tow truck you know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Lol I know some people will use a tow truck you know!
    Well if they cut through the chain or manage pull it away you could set up the cd player to automatically play... wait for it

A mixtape of rebecca black -friday with rick astley-never gonna give you up

though they will most prob end up suing for damaged hearing lol

ReputationRep:
    Key "I like to have sex with animals" into the side of your car! No thief will want to be seen driving around in something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Either install an immobilizer or alternatively (and cheaper) remove a small but vital part from your engine, most thieves dont carry spare parts in their pockets. Something like a fuse, depending on your car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Get an ignition coil from a scrap yard I guess - it'd work like a home made electric fence.

Fiat are a bit of a joke imo - my ex boss got into a colleagues car by mistake on the radio fob... doesn't matter if there's 30 million possible combinations if they're all keyed the same.
    Thanks. I'll look into that. I'll probably get a steering lock and then put a shock alarm and then clamp the wire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalmar)
    Either install an immobilizer or alternatively (and cheaper) remove a small but vital part from your engine, most thieves dont carry spare parts in their pockets. Something like a fuse, depending on your car.
    Not all thieves do but some do though. They even use a tow truck

ReputationRep:
    Angry badger in the back seat. Hasn't failed for me yet :awesome:

I know of some people who wire up electric fence power supplies to their car which means if you try to touch the body without turning it off you get a pretty hearty (although non-lethal) electric shock. Obviously this wouldn't work with a lot of modern cars as they're made out of bloody plastic.

Get a small hoop concreted into the ground and park over it, then chain the loop to the underside of your car with a fat motorbike chain. It'll take them a while to work out what's going on, by which time many of them will have given up. That in combination with a disklock and a clutch claw would see your car kept pretty safe.

A clutch claw is a device which locks itself between the clutch and brake pedals, and the floor. This renders the car totally undrivable, as many cars now have features on the gear sticks that don't allow you to select a gear unless the clutch is pressed down.

Chaining it to the ground is pretty much the only way to at least help against it actually being picked up by a hi-ab and taken away on a truck though.

ReputationRep:
    Coat it in fake rust until it looks like the bow of an 80 year-old ship. You can guarantee it won't get nicked afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    Buy yourself a Vauxhall Nova. Even theives have standards.

ReputationRep:
    this?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Why would u buy another decent honda?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    Angry badger in the back seat. Hasn't failed for me yet :awesome:

I know of some people who wire up electric fence power supplies to their car which means if you try to touch the body without turning it off you get a pretty hearty (although non-lethal) electric shock. Obviously this wouldn't work with a lot of modern cars as they're made out of bloody plastic.

Get a small hoop concreted into the ground and park over it, then chain the loop to the underside of your car with a fat motorbike chain. It'll take them a while to work out what's going on, by which time many of them will have given up. That in combination with a disklock and a clutch claw would see your car kept pretty safe.

A clutch claw is a device which locks itself between the clutch and brake pedals, and the floor. This renders the car totally undrivable, as many cars now have features on the gear sticks that don't allow you to select a gear unless the clutch is pressed down.

Chaining it to the ground is pretty much the only way to at least help against it actually being picked up by a hi-ab and taken away on a truck though.
    Sounds good to me. But surely the thief knows how to unlock the clutch claw isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    Why would u buy another decent honda?
    I got it from my stepdad though. Cars are pretty expensive today and I can't let myself buy anything more than $5000 especially that I'm going there this fall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksahnan)
    this?
    Lol I actually like Mr. Beans car. The only thing is, it's pretty small and I always have lots of things that I bring with me :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.