(Original post by Landie_Man)
    DONT try my idea it was a joke!
    :p: Oh god, you got me there you ****! :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Just get a steering lock? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Just get a steering lock? :dontknow:
    I will, I'm gonna get that and a security alarm. Steering lock is pretty easy to take off though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    So my car got stolen in front of my flat last week and since then I am paranoid that the people who stole my car will steal my new car again. I just got a new used car for myself today and it's Honda Accord. According to some people I know, the most stealable car is Honda. Now I am scared to death that people will steal my car again, I'm seriously thinking that maybe it's someone who lives in my flat because no one could get inside my flat unless you have a remote control key. So it's either someone who lives inside or someone who works inside my flat. I'm really scared that maybe they are watching me. Until now I still haven't heard anything from my car. But 2 days after my car got stolen, my coworkers daughter got her car stolen too, and it's also in front of her flat which was the same scenario like mine but different place and it's a Honda too. So my question is, is there any way to make your car un-stealable? I mean besides putting alarms/cane lock in it is there really any other way? I don't want my car to get stolen again. :sad: It's bothering me so much that I look outside my window every minute and I'm thinking of putting a hidden camera outside my patio.

I was thinking of putting an alarm, and more than 1 alarm (an alarm that makes a loud sound if someone tried to open it and a gps so that when they get away with it I would still be able to locate the location of my car). What do you think? I need some opinion please. Thank you.
    Search around your location and you might find a garage for hire somewhere near you. Near where I used to live, there was a complete area of around 30 garages or so, which you could rent for like £50 a month or so. It might be more in your area, but still better than having it stolen again. I'm not saying it will make it unstealable, but the chances of it being stolen will get significantly reduced.

ReputationRep:
    I will, I'm gonna get that and a security alarm. Steering lock is pretty easy to take off though.
    If they were easy they woukdn't exist.

But it's also a good "visual" deterrent for thiefs. They're more likely to move on to another vehicle with less security.

ReputationRep:
    I got it from my stepdad though. Cars are pretty expensive today and I can't let myself buy anything more than $5000 especially that I'm going there this fall.
    yeah dude $5000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_geek)
    Awwwwwwww
    Totally.

ReputationRep:
    Do it the Mr Bean way: put 2 bolt locks on the driver's side door, then take the steering wheel with you (depending if you have a suitcase or something to transport it in). Simple and secure like Fort Knox!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    - clamp it.
    - leave it parked with empty fuel tank so the thief (spelling...........?!..... :/ ) cannot drive it away.
    - befriend an owl and request it to guard it for you whilst you sleep at night.
    The amount of time taken to put all those dots in, you could've checked he spelling :P

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good to me. But surely the thief knows how to unlock the clutch claw isn't it?
    Clutch claws have locks with their own key just like any other security measure..

ReputationRep:
    Not all thieves do but some do though. They even use a tow truck
    If it's worrying you so much you could always take the bus. All you can do is tip the odds in your favour and make the car next to yours seem like an easier target, if it still gets nicked then you know someone has a grudge.

ReputationRep:
    get a immobilissor, if your good at welding could put a bar accross the inside of the doors and weld it acrros so the lock is just to the side of it, that way it cant be buckled with a crow bar, get a security alarm they're pretty cheap now maybe one with the tracking systems if u can stretch that far and you could also get a password system like some citreons had u have to type the pin in before u can start the car. idk your imaginations your limit depending on how much you love your car lol

Edit - o yeh instead of all that doing to a car, you could get that pole that goes into the ground so when u park you car you put the pole up and the car cant move forward since the poles right in front of it , park the back up against the wall tho lol u wouldnt want a pole infront and nothing at back so they can just reverse out =/

ReputationRep:
    No such thing as an unstealable car

I used to be an investor in a shop that sold car alarms, immobilisers and tracking devices...... even the most reputable ones can be bypassed, especially if it is an older Japanese or Korean car.

One thing I do advice is never put something too complicated, some people in the earlier part of 2000 thought it was cool to have a thumbprint de-activated in some Mercedes and BMWs.... you get the car hijacked and the thieves would just cut off your thumb. Hence Mercedes stopped using that system. The other thing to consider..... if a thief wants your car bad enough no matter what you do, you will find that the car will be stolen.... less is more sometimes... you have the car stolen you just claim off your insurance, problem solved... a difficult car to steal, the thief harms you for the keys you will be left with a lifetime of trauma Food for thought.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, the Merc thumbprint system was modified after a Malaysian man had his thumb cut off to by-pass it, the 2nd gen system checked for a pulse too, meaning the thumb must still be attached. As for getting the keys, that is why I advocate the Blackjax system, because it allows the car to be taken with the keys, but only for a short distance meaning you can flee and the car should be recovered. On old, average cars the thieves are rarely so determined as it is likely to be sold to a spare parts place for stripping down, so the thief might get £50-100 for it. Hardly worth a long stretch for kidnap or even murder. The sight of a Disklok is usually enough for most thieves to look elsewhere for an easier target, but should they get your keys, the Blackjax limits their chance of successfully getting away, with most cars being found within 2 miles.

ReputationRep:
    disclocks can be had off in about 10 seconds unless theyve been welded up and modified. Yeah the steering wheel ends up banana'd but that doesnt bother most theives.

you live in america?? you cant stop them stealing your car without getting shot. best solution is move somewhere decent or somewhere with a garage or at least a drive. Then you can set things up to defend your property with lethal force.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warrenpenalver)
    disclocks can be had off in about 10 seconds unless theyve been welded up and modified. Yeah the steering wheel ends up banana'd but that doesnt bother most theives.

you live in america?? you cant stop them stealing your car without getting shot. best solution is move somewhere decent or somewhere with a garage or at least a drive. Then you can set things up to defend your property with lethal force.
    I live in a decent area, in fact the area im in right now is one of the most decent in the city. That's why I find it hard to believe that my car got stolen. I don't have a garage though. I'm scared the person/people who took my car might be watching me too.

ReputationRep:
    its unlikely they are watching you specifically but the street in general for new cars, owners patterns, easy to steal cars. Probably some tweakers moved into your area or chosen your area to get their next fix. Sadly once an area becomes a good target then nothing will change until either the scum move on, or the police clamp down on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warrenpenalver)
    its unlikely they are watching you specifically but the street in general for new cars, owners patterns, easy to steal cars. Probably some tweakers moved into your area or chosen your area to get their next fix. Sadly once an area becomes a good target then nothing will change until either the scum move on, or the police clamp down on it.
    Right. My coworker got her car stolen and found it after a month, after that they moved into a new area and got it stolen again. But lucky her, the police found it again but decided to keep it for a while to do some investigation because they thought they used her car for some drug exporting or something.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So my car got stolen in front of my flat last week and since then I am paranoid that the people who stole my car will steal my new car again. I just got a new used car for myself today and it's Honda Accord. According to some people I know, the most stealable car is Honda. Now I am scared to death that people will steal my car again, I'm seriously thinking that maybe it's someone who lives in my flat because no one could get inside my flat unless you have a remote control key. So it's either someone who lives inside or someone who works inside my flat. I'm really scared that maybe they are watching me. Until now I still haven't heard anything from my car. But 2 days after my car got stolen, my coworkers daughter got her car stolen too, and it's also in front of her flat which was the same scenario like mine but different place and it's a Honda too. So my question is, is there any way to make your car un-stealable? I mean besides putting alarms/cane lock in it is there really any other way? I don't want my car to get stolen again. :sad: It's bothering me so much that I look outside my window every minute and I'm thinking of putting a hidden camera outside my patio.

I was thinking of putting an alarm, and more than 1 alarm (an alarm that makes a loud sound if someone tried to open it and a gps so that when they get away with it I would still be able to locate the location of my car). What do you think? I need some opinion please. Thank you.
    try all that stuff you mentioned. And keep your car keys with you at all times I dont think you can make it totally un stealable though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.