This discussion is closed.
neosyko
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hi everyone,

im definately going to get a new phone, but am really not sure which one to get.

the following are available on the vodafone contract im going to sign up to:
- sony ericsson t610

- Sharp gx10

- motorola v525

- samsung v200 (£50 extra)

does anyone have any of these phones, and which ones would you recommend?
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by neosyko)
hi everyone,

im definately going to get a new phone, but am really not sure which one to get.

- sony ericsson t610

- Sharp gx10

- motorola v525

I have the T630, the successor to the T610. It is a very nice phone, with great features for its size (only the large nokias have bluetooth for example). There were a few flaws with the T610 which have been fixed for the T630. Poor reception and laggy menus were the biggest complaint. It's nicer looking than the T610 too. You'll have to wait a while until it's available on contract in england though. Dunno anything about the other phones. But flip phones are disgusting.
5thavenue
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hi everyone,

- sony ericsson t610

- Sharp gx10

- motorola v525

THE MOTO
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amexblack)
It's nicer looking than the T610 too.
Many people wouldn't agree completely with that point. And the fact it is a flip phone is, to many people, a negative.
Goat
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
Many people wouldn't agree completely with that point. And the fact it is a flip phone is, to many people, a negative.
Its not a flip phone!
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
http://www.sonyericsson.com/t630/

That is not a flip phone you might not have seen it yet though. I think SE are still running adverts for the T610!!!
neosyko
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
yeah, my friend has got a t610 and it seems really cool, but the photos always seem to be quite dark and low res - can u change the settings?
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, my friend has got a t610 and it seems really cool, but the photos always seem to be quite dark and low res - can u change the settings?
If you think the T610 is cool, u should see the T630 it's the bees knees in terms of sexy small phones. try putting night mode on, that lightens everything. I haven't noticed that problem with the t630, but then i don't really use the camera a great deal
SOAD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Go for a Nokia 6610...I am selling a mint condition one on ebay,just type in "Nokia 6610 Any Network",and up it will pop

But otherwise I would recommend Sharp Gx10, out of the three. Even if a bit more dearer, it is a good phone(as would be expected..duh). Quite a few of my friends have it. The camera on it is very nice with god picture quality,likewise are the menus,and some of the games that can be d/l have good graphics.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes you can change the brightness settings, if you have the latest firmware version running. Just use the joystick when in camera mode.

And sorry about calling the T630 a flip phone, for some reason I mistook it for the Z600 which to all intents and purposes in the T610 with a flip. My mistake, sorry!
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Who cares what phone you get, as long as you can talk and text, whats the big hype?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
Who cares what phone you get, as long as you can talk and text, whats the big hype?
hehe yeah exactly, that is why am keeping my 3310 until it breaks. I only paid £10 for it too as my sister sold it me faulty, all I had to do is buy an OEM replacement battery and replica charger so I got the entire phone for £30. They were £80 in the shops at the time.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
hehe yeah exactly, that is why am keeping my 3310 until it breaks. I only paid £10 for it too as my sister sold it me faulty, all I had to do is buy an OEM replacement battery and replica charger so I got the entire phone for £30. They were £80 in the shops at the time.
Exactly the same logic as me. I dont see why people are so obsessed with material things.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Exactly the same logic as me. I dont see why people are so obsessed with material things.
Well I do have an expensive HIFI system I have built up over the years (about £800 in total now) but that is simply because I love music so much and want to hear it as the artist originaly intended.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I do have an expensive HIFI system I have built up over the years (about £800 in total now) but that is simply because I love music so much and want to hear it as the artist originaly intended.
Fair enough. Could you give me some rep. Please.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok in 22 hours time when it will let me.
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont see why people are so obsessed with rep.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amexblack)
I dont see why people are so obsessed with rep.
Would you give some good rep then please?
poowpoow
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Would you give some good rep then please?
What is rep? :confused:
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok in 22 hours time when it will let me.
That is very noble of you.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads