Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just trying to work out what I'm entitled to at the moment - my parents are divorced, and my mum & step-dad's household income (where I live at the moment) puts me above the threshold for any additional support. However, once I turn 18 I am planning on making my father's house my primary residence, and his income would most likely make me eligible for a full grant.
    My concern is that Student Finance say that they assess the most "appropriate" parent's household income - i.e. - who you're living with. How would I/could I go about proving that I'm living with my father and not my mother, given that my college is located near to my mum and my child benefit has been paid there?
    Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    Your mum will also be getting child tax credit for you. You will be on the electoral roll at her house.
    In a nutshell you won't be able to cheat the system as easily as you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    Your mum will also be getting child tax credit for you. You will be on the electoral roll at her house.
    In a nutshell you won't be able to cheat the system as easily as you think.
    It's a case of my mother moving actually - choosing to move in with my dad means I'll be able to stay closer to my home base here :dontknow:

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.