Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

panic at the disco new album watch

ReputationRep:
    i avoided listening to it coz i thought it would just remind me/make me feel as though im 14 again, and it does but so far ive had ballad of mona lisa on repeat for like an hour hahah is that sad
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I really like it. I hated Pretty. Odd., so I'm glad they've gone backwards :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    yeah the sounds exactly the same
    ah reminds me of how much i loved brendon urie haha

I feel they've kind of had their day now. Move on

ReputationRep:
    oh dear
    i thought i had and lol i'm into completely different music now but nostalgia no?

ReputationRep:
    I've never really listened to them before, but I really like their new album. Especially love Ballad of Mona Lisa - both the song and the video are awesome. :yep:

(Original post by kaylafrances)
    oh dear
    i thought i had and lol i'm into completely different music now but nostalgia no?
    Nooo no, I meant they should move on...not you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draconia_93)
    I've never really listened to them before, but I really like their new album. Especially love Ballad of Mona Lisa - both the song and the video are awesome. :yep:
    you've never listened to them?!
    how old are you out of interest? because they were amazing when i was like 14 and im now nearly 18 aha
    listen to the whole 'the fever i can't sweat out' album, you'll love it if you like the ballad of mona lisa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    Nooo no, I meant they should move on...not you
    lol you didn't make that very clear
    but whyy theyre good at what they do, and theyve become more mainstream.. theres definately a market for their stuff

ReputationRep:
    I downloaded The Ballad of Mona Lisa last week and I just found out it was one of their new songs, lol. I thought that it was on of their old songs that I had missed, but then I heard it on the radio various times, haha. I need to listen to the whole album now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sem193)
    I downloaded The Ballad of Mona Lisa last week and I just found out it was one of their new songs, lol. I thought that it was on of their old songs that I had missed, but then I heard it on the radio various times, haha. I need to listen to the whole album now
    haha yeah it sounds pretty similar to their old stuff

ReputationRep:
    I remember back in the day when there was a commotion because they'd lost their exclamation mark, going from Panic! At The Disco, to simply Panic At The Disco. :moon:

Nostalgia. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    you've never listened to them?!
    how old are you out of interest? because they were amazing when i was like 14 and im now nearly 18 aha
    listen to the whole 'the fever i can't sweat out' album, you'll love it if you like the ballad of mona lisa
    I'm 17, nearly 18. I think I might have heard them a few times a couple of years ago, but I guess I didn't listen to them because they reminded me too much of Fallout Boy (think it's Pretty. Odd. I'm thinking of) Their new album sounds much better in my opinion. I'll give 'the fever I can't sweat out' a listen thugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draconia_93)
    I'm 17, nearly 18. I think I might have heard them a few times a couple of years ago, but I guess I didn't listen to them because they reminded me too much of Fallout Boy (think it's Pretty. Odd. I'm thinking of) Their new album sounds much better in my opinion. I'll give 'the fever I can't sweat out' a listen thugh.
    yeah coz they were both on the same record label, although patd are better
    yess please do its a really good album aha

ReputationRep:
    PATD's fanbase is sort of dying out now.......their fans back in 2005 (such as myself) are now 6 years older, and a large proportion of it no longer listen to this kind of music.
    if you look at the singles chart and albums chart for this week which were released an hour ago, the album barely made the top 30, and the 'mona lisa' single didn't even make top 40.............

i must admit, i no longer like them like i did when i was first aware of them (i dont HATE them either - i just dont care for them anymore),but thought i'd listen to the album on youtube when i first read about the new record on the MTV website.
    i think it is very much like 'a fever you can't sweat out' i think.... but without the long track names. i miss those! i think this album is a little bit better than 'pretty. odd.' though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    PATD's fanbase is sort of dying out now.......their fans back in 2005 (such as myself) are now 6 years older, and a large proportion of it no longer listen to this kind of music.
    if you look at the singles chart and albums chart for this week which were released an hour ago, the album barely made the top 30, and the 'mona lisa' single didn't even make top 40.............

i must admit, i no longer like them like i did when i was first aware of them (i dont HATE them either - i just dont care for them anymore),but thought i'd listen to the album on youtube when i first read about the new record on the MTV website.
    i think it is very much like 'a fever you can't sweat out' i think.... but without the long track names. i miss those! i think this album is a little bit better than 'pretty. odd.' though.
    of course i completely agree because thats my opinion and yeah i was part of their original fanbase and i now listen to such different music as ive said before
    but i came across their new stuff and liked it

but really?! who cares about charts, everything thats good is not in the charts and everything thats **** is in the charts so what does that matter...?

ReputationRep:
    of course i completely agree because thats my opinion and yeah i was part of their original fanbase and i now listen to such different music as ive said before
    but i came across their new stuff and liked it

but really?! who cares about charts, everything thats good is not in the charts and everything thats **** is in the charts so what does that matter...?
    the part about the music charts was only there to back up my point about the band's declining popularity :}.... i didn't make any suggestion that their music was declining in quality though.

....please don't swear at me like this. ;_; *whimpers*

ReputationRep:
    I really need to get their new album, although I already have a fairly long list of others I need to get so it may take a while... :p:

Mona lisa was on repeat for me after I first heard it though, am I'm usually not one to put things on repeat when I like them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    the part about the music charts was only there to back up my point about the band's declining popularity :}.... i didn't make any suggestion that their music was declining in quality though.

....please don't swear at me like this. ;_; *whimpers*
    lol! sorryy i didn't mean to offend you but my point is quite valid
    i tend to like ****, meaningless music now anyway so i can't really compare my taste now to my taste then

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like Pretty.Odd, and I'm really glad that they've picked up the ! at the end again. Long Live Urie!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.