Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any recommendations? Also any tips as well

ReputationRep:
    Get Delia Smith. She covers all the basics, as well as more complicated stuff for when you get better at it.

ReputationRep:
    The back of a pot noodle

ReputationRep:
    The internet. I've never felt the need to buy a book. Just search 'easy/cheap/student recipes' and you'll get loads of ideas. Or if you fancy something in particular e.g. a new chicken dish, just search for that.

ReputationRep:
    There's an awesome one simply titled "The Student Cookbook". It's also available in a vegetarian version. 1000 recipes for...students is pretty good too. Oh, and the Bero book is pretty much an essential if you ever want to bake.

ReputationRep:
    Jamie Oliver's 30-minute meals is a treat..!

ReputationRep:
    Yea i wouldnt go for a cookbook, just search the internet or this forum, ive just gone through and theres loads of ideas!

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise going to a decent sized waterstones and looking through their selection of cookbooks. Different people like different styles and are looking for different things.

If you want a rubbish, eating for 10p/meal cookbook, most student ones are fine.
    If you're looking for complete recipes that are easy to follow but proper, sensibly priced food: Jamie's Ministry of Food
    If you're looking for a cookery course in a book: ONe of the Delia Ones, Cooking with Jamie or I saw a beautiful book yesterday called something like "what to eat and how long to cook it for". It was £30 but looked fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    i find i use the internet much more than any cook book. Plus you can watch videos for key techniques etc.. much better than any book.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.