Turn on thread page Beta

"TSR girls =/= Girls in real life" watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkinFadeHaircut)
    So in normal society, there are absolutely NO girls that are insecure, needy, nerdy, sexually repressed, and ultra-conservative that don't use TSR?

You need to get outside more, not to be rude dude...
    Show me where I said NO girls are like that in society. Or don't put words in other people's mouths. There's no point in attacking a straw man just because I somehow touched a nerve.

When the OP is asking if TSR girls are representative of society it's quite obvious most girls in society aren't as insecure, needy, nerdy, sexually repressed and ultra-conservative as the TSR breed, where they are the majority. No one is suggesting there's no one like that in normal society.

And going out more isn't going to prove anything, those insecure, needy, nerdy, sexually repressed, and ultra-conservative girls probably don't go out that much anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    When the OP is asking if TSR girls are representative of society it's quite obvious most girls in society aren't as insecure, needy, nerdy, sexually repressed and ultra-conservative as the TSR breed, where they are the majority. No one is suggesting there's no one like that in normal society.

And going out more isn't going to prove anything, those insecure, needy, nerdy, sexually repressed, and ultra-conservative girls probably don't go out that much anyway.
    I think that most TEENAGERS, guys and girls, are insecure. They don't maybe show their thoughts to you or anyone else. I wouldn't say aloud all the things I'm thinking and neither would my friends. There are a lot of things that are hidden irl but they are openly discussed online. And being sexually repressed girl is a bit of a taboo irl and against the stereotype so girls don't usually say it aloud. And like there aren't needy girls... But I agree, most girls aren't nerdy or ultra-conversative. But those girls who aren't nerdy usually end up just using their FB and you can't meet them here. Maybe nerdiness and being ultra-conversative has a connection?

ReputationRep:
    Why would they be any different?

what the hell?

ReputationRep:
    The thing is the way people think and the way people act are two separate things.
    On the internet people's responses are based upon the way they think while in reality, most of the time, they act in a completely different way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Most people on TSR =/= people in real life, you should know that.
    Omg ure sig :rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontthinkso)
    The thing is the way people think and the way people act are two separate things.
    On the internet people's responses are based upon the way they think while in reality, most of the time, they act in a completely different way.
    I know it does for me, my hidden geek as it were

ReputationRep:
    yeah to be fair you can be who ever you want to be online (as long as your not hurting anyone)

but i dont know what posts you been reading but im me on here and in real life x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    Last time I checked, I was a girl on TSR and irl...
    People are more likely to speak the truth on an internet forum where they don't know anyone/know very few people as they don't care what they think.
    Irl however, girls are more reserved for fear of being judged.
    Just my opinion.
    Girls irl = girls acting under social pressures/expectations in a social environment

TSR Girls = Anonymous

Thus girls on tsr act as according to their own ideal of themselves.. That ideal is curbed irl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0llima)
    Fixed that for you Also, there are no women on the Internet. When I said ages ago that girls on the net were advanced AI and psychology experiments developed by American PhD students to gauge male reaction to the presence of women online, I wasn't joking.
    This is true. In real life I'm actually a 59-year-old train driver called Ronald. :train2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotwars)
    i saw someone post this in a thread and seen it a lot over tsr that girls on here are not like ones in real life.

i'd like to ask how people came to that conclusion. girls on tsr are still girls. they should, generally speaking, like the same things in a guy and do the same things as ordinary girls out there, in school, college, university or in the working world. so why do people say that tsr girls =/= girls in real life?
    Because girls on here can speak anonymously.

ReputationRep:
    sexy woman on TSR:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_J8hUpQARXP...0/UglyGirl.jpg

sexy woman in REAL LIFE:
    http://jenniferaniston.celebden.com/...er-aniston.jpg

ReputationRep:
    ****sake TSR, forever making me question my irl existence.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.