Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Thread for those on anti depressants watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Me, I take Citalopram 60mg and Seroquel 50mg. I went a bit crazy with my obsession problems a while ago.

Now, I think I'm perfectly fine to come off them, but my doctor wants me to stay on this for now, then when I next see him we can speak about coming off them.

It's not fair, I wish I never had these problems, which were caused by the long term effects of bullying mixed in with my obsession OCD problems.

ReputationRep:
    *BUMP*

ReputationRep:
    I've tried to come off them a few times, just doesn't work

ReputationRep:
    Same problem here, doc doesn't want me to come off them and whenever I try myself I get super edgy, nervous and nauseous and have to take them again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Same problem here, doc doesn't want me to come off them and whenever I try myself I get super edgy, nervous and nauseous and have to take them again.
    So guess you me and *Dreaming* are gna stay on them for ages ...

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been on them? I am just wondering because I was on AD for just over 2 years and according to my mum that is an unusually long time to be on any sort of medication.

I've been on that poison (SSRI's-all sorts) for years and they haven't done squat for me.Biggest con ever (from my perspective).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilshere)
    So guess you me and *Dreaming* are gna stay on them for ages ...
    Nah, I've already been on them ages, I'm determined to stop sometime, it just takes a hell of a lot of willpower. I think it can be done though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    How long have you been on them? I am just wondering because I was on AD for just over 2 years and according to my mum that is an unusually long time to be on any sort of medication.
    i've been on and off for years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Nah, I've already been on them ages, I'm determined to stop sometime, it just takes a hell of a lot of willpower. I think it can be done though.
    well i just had a moment where i got really worked up and stressed about something from my past, which is where the AD's can help.
    but its not fair, if it wassnt for certain stuff happening to me from certain idiot bullies at school, i wouldnt be on these now

ReputationRep:
    well i just had a moment where i got really worked up and stressed about something from my past, which is where the AD's can help.
    but its not fair, if it wassnt for certain stuff happening to me from certain idiot bullies at school, i wouldnt be on these now
    :console: Life isn't fair man. I got bullied all through school as well and still harassed constantly now, I wouldn't be depressed if it wasn't for that but hey can't change the past (or in my case, the present), dwelling on it is just gonna make you feel worse.

ReputationRep:
    Me, I take Citalopram 60mg and Seroquel 50mg. I went a bit crazy with my obsession problems a while ago.

Now, I think I'm perfectly fine to come off them, but my doctor wants me to stay on this for now, then when I next see him we can speak about coming off them.

It's not fair, I wish I never had these problems, which were caused by the long term effects of bullying mixed in with my obsession OCD problems.
    I'm on 60 mg of Citalopram. I've been on them for about a year, I suffer from OCD. Idont really mind being on them cos my obsessions have stopped and i dont have any side effects.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only on 20mg of Citalopram and I started taking them in December. I'm feeling great and so much better, but I'm worried if I come off them I'll get back to where I started.

ReputationRep:
    So, for people on or have been them what are your experiences, i.e. how well do they work, did you experience any side effects etc? The thought of going on any medication like this really worries me, heard so many stories of drugs making things worse, but then again everything worries me these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ButterflyWishes)
    I'm on 60 mg of Citalopram. I've been on them for about a year, I suffer from OCD. Idont really mind being on them cos my obsessions have stopped and i dont have any side effects.
    Me too I have OCD so have to take 60mg Citalopram in the morning, as well as anti psychotics before bed because I went really mad half a year ago, but soon I can start to come off them I think.

But I am a completely normal person apart from this, I hate it when people label me as being mental as soon as they find out I have to take this medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    So, for people on or have been them what are your experiences, i.e. how well do they work, did you experience any side effects etc? The thought of going on any medication like this really worries me, heard so many stories of drugs making things worse, but then again everything worries me these days.
    There are rumours it makes your sex drive worse.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on 20mg of fluoxetine and I'm sure it used to help. But I'm getting worse again...

ReputationRep:
    I take 100mg of Sertraline and I think im ready to come off them but the doctor wont let me!!! I do know though, that you have to gradually bring your dose down so that the medicine is still in your system...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    The first 2 weeks of being on mine I was really poorly but it settled after the first couple of weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *twinkletoes*)
    I take 100mg of Sertraline and I think im ready to come off them but the doctor wont let me!!! I do know though, that you have to gradually bring your dose down so that the medicine is still in your system...
    i wish i wasnt on them its not fair :mad:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.