Turn on thread page Beta

Thread for those on anti depressants watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    I don't think I had any side-effects when I started on fluoxetine. But now I very quickly got to a point where it seemed like the drug wasn't working. But my doctor won't change my meds or increase them.
    what dosage are you on?

Used to be on them then just stopped takin em LOL. Doc threatened to section me because of it but then again i do have a HOST of other problems heh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maturestudy)
    I had some bad side effects too when I started on Duloxetine - very nauseas and sleepy - but these fortunately wore off after a few weeks. I hope yours do too.
    Hopefully yeah, glad yours have worn off . Had a funny moment this morning when sitting in Subway with my mum - felt all dreamy/derealisation kind of - but that wore off quickly.. Quite happy as it's the first time I've gone shopping in ages, the anxiety is definitely not as bad...

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to the GP because I think I have anxiety problems. I'm don't know how they diagnose it though. Is there a possibility that they wouldn't believe me? And do the drugs actually work, or are they just a placebo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisydaffodil)
    Hopefully yeah, glad yours have worn off . Had a funny moment this morning when sitting in Subway with my mum - felt all dreamy/derealisation kind of - but that wore off quickly.. Quite happy as it's the first time I've gone shopping in ages, the anxiety is definitely not as bad...
    The thing about anxiety is that it makes you want to avoid situations. But if you go ahead and avoid them, it makes the anxiety worse. Breaking that cycle is a really positive step in itself - and it felt good to boot! Well done you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    what dosage are you on?
    20mg. But I started on 10mg. They tell you it's peppermint flavoured, but it just made me feel sick every morning...

ReputationRep:
    *waves*

Hi all

I'm on lofepramine (210MG) and olanzapine (10mg)

I've been on flueoxetine (60mg),citalopram (40mg),trazadone (400mg) and setraline (70?mg)

I think the lofepremine is starting to work but only been on the increased dose for a week

ReputationRep:
    I've been on duloxetine (60mg) for about a year now and it really has helped me so much. I wish that my depression had been taken seriously when it first developed 15+ years ago. It's taken me this long to finish an educational course and get into uni, as before I'd start with high hopes and end with ribboned arms.
    I just wish it hadn't taken a serious suicide attempt to be able to get help.

ReputationRep:
    Fluoxetine was a disaster, but have been on citalopram for 2 years and am slowly reducing, overcoming hurdles as and when etc!

ReputationRep:
    Hello all
    im ment to be on Antitripaline (i cant spell it)
    20mg i think.
    I was on them cos i got stressed at out at college with work and all that. i did try some street drugs first but my family got pissed and worried so i went to the docs got on them. felt low for a while and just decided to stop taking them 1day and aint had em since. I feel no different from when i was on them to be honest, i feel like im a really depressive person. I think il be like this for the rest of my life really. And i do kinda accpept it. or maybe when a special arrives in my life maybe it will change. who knows. but i kinda accpept that this is how it could be for a while maybe years.
    Adam

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.