Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have been feeling sad and low for over a year now every day i wish i hadnt been born, or that i was dead, i dont have it in me to kill myself i couldnt put the people that care about me through that although i do wish i was dead. im always anxious always put lock things away in my head never show how i really feel or tell people. i run away when things get tough. i hate myself and others around me. i had so many opportunities in my life and i just never tried hard to achieve them, i have no friends to talk to. im scared about the future i have no idea what to do and i dont have alot of time to do so. i need help. there is alot more stuff going on in my head

ReputationRep:
    See a doctor. There's not really much TSR can do to help - make an appointment with your GP, tell them how you're feeling, and they should refer you to someone who can help

ReputationRep:
    i understand how you feel, i even messed up a year of a levels over it which i'm now repeating (i was too ashamed to tell anyone of my real depression), the key is to identify the source of your hopelessness, where and why it is there, try and recall the last time you felt truly happy and why that was, all these are keys to unlocking emotions which could be potentially healing.
    don't be afraid to tell someone and it doesn't have to be your family, it can be a gp or service of some sort but pm me if you need anymore advice, it's a horrible, lonely place to be

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you need people to talk to and who you feel comfortable opening up to. It's not good keeping all these fears and worries to yourself and having them go round your head. I personally think that the wishing you were dead thing is because you see it as a way out of the problems and fears you are facing. Basically, you need to get help. I know it is easier said than done just going to your GP and telling them about these problems you're having, but depressed or not, having thoughts about wishing yourself dead is not healthy and you deserve to have a clear head so you can get on with your life.

And in the meantime *hugs* ...sounds like you could do with one to be honest

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.