Turn on thread page Beta

Mobile Suit Gundam Metaseries Discussion Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Been watching clips from unicorn.. I want the new ep already. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Ok well that was kind of a let down.:sad: Banager just spent half the time moping around and deserved several bright slaps.. and the battles lacked something.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished seed destiny. So much potential in the first few episodes ruined by the second half of the series. Shinn was an idiot and I honestly like the destiny plan. I don't get why chairman was even 'evil' if anything I'd prefered him to Lacus and her annoying voice. Furthermore he gave the nations a choice and a few chose the destiny plan so I don't know what gives Kira the right to go round on his 'save the universe' killing spree. On a lesser not Athrun and Cagalli were good together, her outburst with the ring was hilarious. Should have stayed together imho.

00 is still my favourite series so far though it looks like I need to see G Gundam lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hi and sieg zeon.

ReputationRep:
    Thread resurrection!

Actually quite like age. Sure its simplified in alot of ways but it's quite entertaining.:mmm: Flit is interesting as he ages and no one seems to need a bright slap.:lolwut: There's alot of referrences to the older series with things like going three times as fast or making the girl look after the three random kids they find.:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm hugely enjoying AGE - quite a pleasant surprise! Currently watching the series with another Gundam fan, and a complete newcomer to the franchise and we're all getting something different out of the series (think we have the newcomer converted at this stage, he's checking out the 0079 movies now :giggle:) since myself & the other Gundam fan keep picking up all references, whereas the newbie is just enjoying the characters & story.

I think Flit may be one of the best characters that the Gundam franchise has produced - the way we've followed him from childhood right through to being a grandpa helps; so much character development!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I think Flit may be one of the best characters that the Gundam franchise has produced - the way we've followed him from childhood right through to being a grandpa helps; so much character development!
    Mm, yeah. It feels like the payoff from layering the three generations in one show is quite a lot of the effect that you'd otherwise have to have three shows to get!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I'm hugely enjoying AGE - quite a pleasant surprise! Currently watching the series with another Gundam fan, and a complete newcomer to the franchise and we're all getting something different out of the series (think we have the newcomer converted at this stage, he's checking out the 0079 movies now :giggle:) since myself & the other Gundam fan keep picking up all references, whereas the newbie is just enjoying the characters & story.

ah grandpa flit the loving yet genocidal old man :giggle:
    pic

ReputationRep:
    Flit's so awesome (I am loving this crazy Grandpa Flit version with his gifting hi-tech training simulators to his toddler grandchild, jumping out of planes and the "Do you know who I am? I'm Flit Asuno!"), you sometimes forget that he's hellbent on revenge against an entire nation of people - although I suppose it's sort of understandable given how many of his family & friends have been killed.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    My only partial gripe with Age, which may prove to be less of an issue as I watch more (currently lagging behind at episode 16), is the potential disconnect we'll get with the characters from each generation. I was just getting to know the younger Flit. I liked his resolve and compassion after the loss of a certain love interest...

Spoiler:
    Show
    I really liked Yurin. :sad:

...only for a time skip of 20 years to occur and for him to hand over the baton to his son (he's also married to Emily now!?). His son is likeable enough upon a first impression, and I'm sure the older Flit will have some involvement, along with the rest of the cast from the first generation. I guess, for me, connecting with the characters and growing fond of them is an integral part of why I enjoy an anime or manga. That said, I'm jumping the gun here as this time skip has only occured and it's not like I'm not enjoying it. I might well change my mind as I watch more.

ReputationRep:
    Oh age:giggle: this desert bit is very 0079. I expected this enemy trio to have their mechs painted black and purple and or have some stars on them.:mmm: Im glad they didnt go that far though. Poor captain :console:

However that pink/purple haired girl..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She's going to die isnt she.. probably going to be whilst protecting kio.. it was all that talk about staying safe then looking at a family pic. But she's probably a vagan seeing as she seems to have been the first character to think of them as human rather than the enemy.:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. so do any of you know if/when Unicorn ep 5 will be out on uk psn? am hoping it's out sometime today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by she she)
    Hey guys. so do any of you know if/when Unicorn ep 5 will be out on uk psn? am hoping it's out sometime today
    Well ive heard it was coming today but Im not sure on that.:dontknow:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    Oh age:giggle: this desert bit is very 0079. I expected this enemy trio to have their mechs painted black and purple and or have some stars on them.:mmm: Im glad they didnt go that far though. Poor captain :console:

However that pink/purple haired girl..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She's going to die isnt she.. probably going to be whilst protecting kio.. it was all that talk about staying safe then looking at a family pic. But she's probably a vagan seeing as she seems to have been the first character to think of them as human rather than the enemy.:lolwut:
    Indeed...

Spoiler:
    Show
    It's almost a guarantee the moment we have a flashback into a character's past. And interesting, now that you've mentioned it, she probably is a Vegan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Well ive heard it was coming today but Im not sure on that.:dontknow:
    It's out today! I've checked. I'm downloading it now

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow thought that ep of unicorn was really good.:shock: There was less.. young people whining silliness.. mainly from ridhee this time.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What a crap way to have his ms destroyed. :laugh: It was just stood on the side then marida noticed it and ripped it apart in two hits.:mmm:

Liked seeing and hearing kai negotiate in his usual way.:mmm:

They made it into space with sparkly newtype hax... well thats nothing new, they've had that since the old series. CCA implemented it the most blatently.:hmmm:

But then fat char shows up.:teeth:

Like the ending song.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Oh wow thought that ep of unicorn was really good.:shock: There was less.. young people whining silliness.. mainly from ridhee this time.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What a crap way to have his ms destroyed. :laugh: It was just stood on the side then marida noticed it and ripped it apart in two hits.:mmm:

Liked seeing and hearing kai negotiate in his usual way.:mmm:

They made it into space with sparkly newtype hax... well thats nothing new, they've had that since the old series. CCA implemented it the most blatently.:hmmm:

But then fat char shows up.:teeth:

Like the ending song.:cool:
    Was a good episode indeed.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Shame that it felt like Bright's appearance was a cameo (an important cameo at that). Ridhee was so pissed off when Mineva changed her mind about the box. It seems like Ridhee knows what is inside the box.
    it's going to be a long hard wait for the next ep

and I've been obsessed with BOOM BOOM SATELLITES ever since the trailer came out last month and it wasn't even the full song!

In the meantime I've recently started watching After War X. I'm halfway through and let me say that I'm pleasantly surprised/pleased. I'm liking the whole post-apocalyptic thing going on

ReputationRep:
    anoyone spot this guy?:awesome:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by she she)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Shame that it felt like Bright's appearance was a cameo (an important cameo at that). Ridhee was so pissed off when Mineva changed her mind about the box. It seems like Ridhee knows what is inside the box.
    it's going to be a long hard wait for the next ep
    I really, really liked seeing Bright looking at the green Newtype flare effect. I'm a sucker for these cheesy call-backs.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Age is beginning to bore me somewhat. The last episode, while not especially bad as such, lacked any tenacity or intrigue to keep me interested. I'll admit that I just wanted it to end, when I should be feeling the opposite. Overall, I'd say that while I find the generational concept interesting, it's not utilised in the best way because currently it's at the expense of character familiarity and attachment. The only character I truly like is Flit, and given the large age gap between each generation, his character has obviously changed to an extent where he's essentially a different person. As such, I don't really care enough about any of them, and the plot itself is rather rudimentary and straightforward, adhering to everything you'd expect from a Gundam series, in its simplest form (good vs evil).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2014
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.