Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really really need help Long story short my boyfriend moved 2000 miles away to college and we decided to keep it going as many people do. At the beginning of the year he was friends with two girls and every day he told them how much he missed me and asked for help from them on planning surprises like sending me gifts etc. I didn't have a problem with them because they knew he was taken and if a guy is saying every day how much he misses his girl there not going to try anything.

One night though one of the girls tried to kiss him he called me after and told me everything i was furious at her and im very very self conscious so i got upset thinking she was prettier and all the usual stuff. Anyway i went to visit him last week and when i saw her i asked him not to introduce me cause i got scared and now im home and upset that he didnt because in my head she thinks she has won by him keeping me away i feel that she thinks he has feelings for her and just didnt want us to meet and i know its stupid and childish but i just wanted one moment to be like here he is mine and throw my arms around him in front of her just so i felt like i have won...

Ill never get to meet her again now and i cant get it out of my head its so stupid i know but im so self conscious and he sees her all the time and it gets to me that i never got my chance to feel good about myself in front of her. any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Don't cry, have a tiara.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2701/...91b7c421df.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I think it's completely normal for you to feel a bit threatened by her when your boyfriend is so far away. Paranoia is a natural step forward from that, but I think the best thing you can do is to take a step back and just have the comfort that your boyfriend told you about the fact that she tried to kiss him immediately.

He obviously cares about you more than any of those girls, so you have won, even if you may not feel like you have right now. A guy that honest about something like an attempted kiss is a keeper.

As for how to feel good, maybe just try to arrange more in-person meetings with your boyfriend. The more you see him and get quality time with him, the better you'll feel about the situation and that you really do have the medal.

Hope this helped, PM me if you need to!

(Original post by UnknwnEntity)
    Don't cry, have a tiara.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2701/...91b7c421df.jpg
    That's ****ing disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ritchie888)
    That's ****ing disturbing.
    2 second search of google images dragged that up, imagine if i ACTUALLY looked.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it at all. You guys are together, so some bint who wants in is no threat whatsoever She hasn't won, she's that kid in primary school who asks to join in a game and gets rejected.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.