Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My parents are very normal with me now I'm older and there like any normal family. Say they love me, feed me etc.

When I was younger I got beat up by mum so many times and I thought it was normal and maybe it is I'm not sure. Like I come from a Muslim family and I got beat up in a room every eid bcos I had bad face on on eid. I was around 9-10 or maybe younger , my mum use to lock me in a room pull hair swing me side to side and hit me slap me hard.
    Once I didn't want to go to school so she grabbed me and filled a bucket with cola water and poured cold water all over my head and slapped me again.

My bro and sis have a medical problem nothing severe there pretty normal just have to take tablets. As a child my mum treated me differently bcos of this , I remb even i did one little thing to my younger bro even I I was playing with him she would be angry and beat me.

My dad never hit me till now but I noticed at the age I started puberty like when I use to wear tight jeans and a top he would stare at me up and down in a uncomfy way. He never tried to touch me but he use to slap my bum as he would to my mum even when I said I didn't like it. (maybe that was a joke). At the age of around 16 I slept on the same bed as my mum and dad next to my mum bcos then I was going through severe depression and when I woke his hand was on my boob. But then I think Maybe he thought I was my mum?

Once I came out the shower when I was about 9 in a towel an I told my grandad not to look as he was in the same room so he looked and tried to rip my towel off but did it laughing. I remb telling him I had no underwear on. He's so normal now tho just like a normal grandad. Could this all be a joke? Am I thinking too much? My dads normal too now.

ReputationRep:
    Well the way they used to treat you, especially your mum, is not normal, it's child abuse. I'm glad they are normal now. Not to sure what advice I can give, do you think it has had a big impact on you?

ReputationRep:
    Don't know what to say

(Original post by webbers)
    Well the way they used to treat you, especially your mum, is not normal, it's child abuse. I'm glad they are normal now. Not to sure what advice I can give, do you think it has had a big impact on you?
    Well I'm 18 now going really bad depression, suicidal thoughts etc and I tried to look back on my life and found these things which I thought was pretty normal. I mean I come from a Pakistani family and it's pretty normal for mum to hit a child. When I asked some Pakistani friends they said they only got slaps.

I'm not sure but to me I think my mum was worried about my siblings and in laws so took all her anger out on me. As we grew older inlaws moved out band bro and sister are very normal just like me.

My dad is too but I can't talk to anyone about this and I'm still not sure it's a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it could have affected you. Are you not getting any help at all of your depression? I know it must be hard to talk about but suffering alone will only make things worse.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.