Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Simple really!

What radio are you in to?

For me:

Radio 1xtra:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r1x.asx
    Plays everything I'm in to currently; Dubstep, RnB, Dance, Drum n Bass!

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember the stations but mostly just hip hop/rap when I'm riding in the car. Most of the time I have my iPod with me with actual good music on it but the times I don't I have to make do :/

ReputationRep:
    Planet Rock :headbang:

(I swear I answered this question the other day with exactly the same response...)

ReputationRep:
    6Music sometimes has something good. French radio Europe 1 otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    6Music usually, occasionally Radio 1 or 2 depending on what mood I'm in. British radio is pretty **** tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Pirate FM :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Radio 1 or Capital FM

ReputationRep:
    Very rarely listen to the radio but it tends to be 6 Music or Radio 4 for Desert Island Discs on occasion. Although I find myself listening to Radio 1 a lot due to most of my friends having it on when they're driving.

ReputationRep:
    Rinse FM depending on whos on etc

ReputationRep:
    XFM fo'sho'

ReputationRep:
    Magic .... love that smooth sound! haha

Radio 4 ... for when I need news

Radio 3 ... for when I need to attempt suicide (yeah..don't listen to radio 3)

ooh...and Capital too (ex-Galaxy)

ReputationRep:
    XFM Mancs - solely for Clint Boon and BBC 6music, thank god the iplayer radio works overseas!

ReputationRep:
    XFM, NME radio.

Real Radio or Radio 1. Going to start listening to 6 Music though.

ReputationRep:
    There's something called Gold London, is that right? I'd listen to that once a week last term when we did drawing on Tuesdays, and then at home in the car with my mum she listens to Chris Evans. I enjoy listening like that with other people in charge, but it makes me stressy listening on my own.

ReputationRep:
    I listen to radio 1 and capital FM.

Hi my name is Melissa Wylie and I am currently doing a dissertation about live music events in Southampton. If anyone would be able to fill in a short questionnaire for me I would be very grateful. The survey is mostly about radio stations you listen to and genres of music you like. A link to the survey is below.

<a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D8FBXCZ">Click here to take survey</a>

ReputationRep:
    I listen to radio 1 for Chris Moyles but the music is absolutely shocking 90% of the time so the rest of the time when CM isn't on I listen to 6music, where the music is really good 90% of the time, pretty much every show in the daytime will play at least a few of my favourite bands

ReputationRep:
    Radio 1 really frustrates me, especially the PLAYLIST which seems to consist of about 10 songs which they play all day, every day, for a month.

In the evenings, radio 1 is amazing- so much variety. Kissy sell out/annie mac/INMWT stuff- great. In Jan they did a 'night-time' in all the day-time slots, and it was so much more interesting to hear new stuff.

The 'cycle' of music is SO slow- record companies try to build so much hype before finally releasing a single, which gets played incessantly for a year. I can't believe 'Telephone' is still being played.

ReputationRep:
    Radio 1 - Zane Lowe

ReputationRep:
    (8) Magic Magic 105.4 (8) or heart =P sometimes otherones to but there the mains =D

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.