Turn on thread page Beta

What did this girl mean? I need to know watch

ReputationRep:
    It's rather minor but...I was chatting with this girl last night I know for around a month now and MAYBE starting to like. So I was chatting with her and I could sense she was in a bad mood by the way she was chatting. So I said 'It seems like you're in a bad mood today lol'. She replied 'Lol..really..wow you guessed that. Yeah I'm in a pretty ****ty mood'.
    So was she being sarcastic when she said wow you guessed that or was she actually grateful/impressed?

ReputationRep:
    Well it's hard to tell seeing as we don't know all the details.

But (and it's a big but), that could have been your opportunity to go 'hey what's up, it's ok, tell me your problems' blah blah blah and be sympathetic with her, then you could have hugged her at the right moment, then perhaps more could have happened. Who knows.

You missed a potential chance there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Well it's hard to tell seeing as we don't know all the details.

But (and it's a big but), that could have been your opportunity to go 'hey what's up, it's ok, tell me your problems' blah blah blah and be sympathetic with her, then you could have hugged her at the right moment, then perhaps more could have happened. Who knows.

You missed a potential chance there.
    Hugged? We were talking online. And as I said, I barely know her so I didn't think it would be polite to ask her what happened, if she wanted to tell me , she would tell me.

ReputationRep:
    Its hard to tell,...
    But I think she wanted you to figure out she was sad earlier in the conversation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalaghoda)
    Hugged? We were talking online. And as I said, I barely know her so I didn't think it would be polite to ask her what happened, if she wanted to tell me , she would tell me.
    but that's how you get to know, i mean i wouldn't ask either but I'd beat around the bush and give her the option to tell me

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she was just shocked you could notice... sometimes I think things aren't noticeable when they are like if I am sad or embarassed and somebody else notices. So maybe that was the case for her

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd say she was being sarcastic because you FINALLY noticed. That's what I'd do, but only if I was mad at thebperson talking to me haha. Mmh. It's hard to tell if you couldnt hear her. I'm telling you, conversations online often lead to misunderstanding....

ReputationRep:
    stuff him

ReputationRep:
    It's rather minor but...I was chatting with this girl last night I know for around a month now and MAYBE starting to like. So I was chatting with her and I could sense she was in a bad mood by the way she was chatting. So I said 'It seems like you're in a bad mood today lol'. She replied 'Lol..really..wow you guessed that. Yeah I'm in a pretty ****ty mood'.
    So was she being sarcastic when she said wow you guessed that or was she actually grateful/impressed?
    It's you again
    Why even bother making a thread about something so incredibly minor?
    She was just surprised. Couldn't you figure that out yourself? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    you didn't even say you were talking online so how was I supposed to know? moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    you didn't even say you were talking online so how was I supposed to know? moron.
    Why so aggressive?

ReputationRep:
    That she was in a bad mood? Pretty self explanatory is she's not always like this it's not you.

ReputationRep:
    Stop it, you're giving Indians a bad name by being so bloody idiotic

ReputationRep:
    kalaghoda means black horse in an indian language. you should get shed this name and become ermmm, pyaar-yantra meaning 'love machine' oooh yeaaah

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she was bothered by the fact that you found her bad mood humorous enough to "laugh out loud" about? Just a guess...

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell would she be grateful or impressed?

She was being sarcastic, obviously. Noob.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.