Turn on thread page Beta

Which book should i use to study the Cold War? Please HELP! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I've just started doing my final revision(yep, very late),by reading the real IB history books, as our first year of IB, our teacher taught us the Cold War with IGCSE books, because most of us were exceptionally weak in English.

So, now i have three books with me, but i don't know which one would be the best for Cold War:eek:.

1. 20th Century World History Course Companion, by Martin Cannon, Richard Jones-Nerzic, and many more authors. (the Yellow book with a picture of a status)

2. History, 20th Century World The Cold War, by Kelly Rogers and Jo Thomas. (A purple book with a picture of the Berlin wall in the cover page)

3. The Cold War, by John Mason. (Unlike the other two, this one does not have any IB logo on the cover page of the book)

As i don't have much time left, which one would be the easiest to understand, that contains reasonable amount of facts and figures and good analysis for IB paper essays?

I thank you all in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I think seeing as you have the books on you, you should just flick through them and have a look for yourself. Different people react differently to different layouts/different styles of writing etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jin2)
    Hello, I've just started doing my final revision(yep, very late),by reading the real IB history books, as our first year of IB, our teacher taught us the Cold War with IGCSE books, because most of us were exceptionally weak in English.

So, now i have three books with me, but i don't know which one would be the best for Cold War:eek:.

1. 20th Century World History Course Companion, by Martin Cannon, Richard Jones-Nerzic, and many more authors. (the Yellow book with a picture of a status)

2. History, 20th Century World The Cold War, by Kelly Rogers and Jo Thomas. (A purple book with a picture of the Berlin wall in the cover page)

3. The Cold War, by John Mason. (Unlike the other two, this one does not have any IB logo on the cover page of the book)

As i don't have much time left, which one would be the easiest to understand, that contains reasonable amount of facts and figures and good analysis for IB paper essays?

I thank you all in advance!
    I'm studying the Cold Wat as part of my A2 level so I may be no help at all, but our teacher recently gave us each a book called The Cold War: A Very Short Introduction by Robert J. McMahon. It does not have all the detail required however is very useful for a revision overview and also for revisiting topics. I recently used it to help me write an essay. It is very easy to understand and helps you see the cold war as a whole.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.