Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think should be done about disruptive students in lessons? watch

(Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    Even though they probably worked very hard and got brilliant grades in their degree and pgce?
    It's not all about the results you get as a teenager, you can turn things around.
    You say that to Oxbridge/Magic Circle/IB/Medical schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    In year 9, the work was so easy- no one really had to listen that much. I really doubt that it had a detrimental influence on your future education. Don't get me wrong; I hated year nine 'cause the kids were so bolshy, but that's natural for some. Most of those who were once idiotic are doing pretty well getting As and Bs now, and those who really were no-goers stopped attending year 10 and were expelled. Maybe all your schools weren't so tough on bad kids? Because I don't actually have that much bad memories of seriously disruptive behaviour.
    Some of the kids who did not know how to shut up then carried on like that into 6th form and subsequently failed A lvl or dropped out. If the teacher had made them shut up back then and throughout their school life then maybe they would have matured rather then screwing up so badly.
    On top of this they did make 6th form lessons a pain and they were far more important and some what harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Bagel Guy)
    Now class, we have abolished the detention system, instead we are going to show you once. AND ONLY ONCE. What happens to those of you that disrupt lessons
    *play video*
    Now, let's watch that in rewind shall we! Bagel anyone?
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: ........:tee:

(Original post by PendulumBoB)
    Go to college and further burdon the taxpayer-On my bus to school, there are far to many people learning jack s*** in "Health and Beauty" or "Hairdressing" these things can be learned on the job.

You say that bad behaviour teaches kids to work in a noisy environment at work; does this allow me to bully other kids to toughen them up for the real world no-Or at least it shouldn't

My point is that all that money spend, all that effort on the teachers behalf just for mediocore results; besides who want an english tradesman, when you can hire a nice hardworking Polish man who turns up on time and can actually speak engish
    This.

If the BNP directed their hate to the education system as opposed to hard-working foreigners - believe me, they would gain even greater support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    You say that to Oxbridge/Magic Circle/IB/Medical schools.
    Not everyone needs to go to those places in order to do well in life. That's just one path.

Not everyone needs to go to those places in order to do well in life. That's just one path.
    So you're saying it is acceptable for a child's teacher to have CCD, but not her doctor?

ReputationRep:
    What a pathetic comment. Imo, I think everyone should have the opportunity for the best subjects and the best grades - not being taught C grade content for Health and Social Care because you deem them not to be "good enough".

Imo, the EBacc is the best thing to have graced the education system in modern times.
    What? What I said had nothing to do with your comments.

ReputationRep:
    Imo, the EBacc is the best thing to have graced the education system in modern times.
    Why? Its not a qualifcation itself, its just a label that sounds better than saying "5 good GCSE grades in the following subjects"

So in its current state its a bit pointless.

And if you were to make it useful by making it a different qualfication, then I would still have problems with it. Many people are brilliant and sciences but pretty poor at languages / english. Many people are the other way around. By lumping them all together, all you do is ensure a large number of people will be bogged down by the stuff they aren't so good at.

ReputationRep:
    So you're saying it is acceptable for a child's teacher to have CCD, but not her doctor?
    Teaching is a very different profession to being a doctor.
    Aside from that... Not doing amazing at GCSE, but then trying REALLY hard to turn things around and always doing brilliantly from then on should be acceptable. It means they got a hell of a lot better.

What? What I said had nothing to do with your comments.
    I replied to you.

ReputationRep:
    Aside from that... Not doing amazing at GCSE, but then trying REALLY hard to turn things around and always doing brilliantly from then on should be acceptable. It means they got a hell of a lot better.
    He got CCDU at a level-come on. A doctor has peoples life at stake and a yeacher, peoples futures.

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Why? Its not a qualifcation itself, its just a label that sounds better than saying "5 good GCSE grades in the following subjects"
    I know.

So in its current state its a bit pointless.

And if you were to make it useful by making it a different qualfication, then I would still have problems with it. Many people are brilliant and sciences but pretty poor at languages / english. Many people are the other way around. By lumping them all together, all you do is ensure a large number of people will be bogged down by the stuff they aren't so good at.
    Is it fair people are being FORCED into doss subjects to up the school's league table points?

ReputationRep:
    He got CCDU at a level-come on. A doctor has peoples life at stake and a yeacher, peoples futures.
    Not to mention the fact that the teacher has to teach the doctor before they go to medical school.

ReputationRep:
    I replied to you.
    It wasn't related to what I said.

Yes, but if he did brilliantly afterwards, it's not a reflection on his current abilities at all. It's just a reflection on his abilities as a 17 year old.

ReputationRep:
    But it doesn't actually address the issue of GCSEs being dumbed down

A doctor is a different profession from an investment banker, your point is?

Hmm, there is a reason why people spend hundreds of thousands to be educated at the top places.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but if he did brilliantly afterwards, it's not a reflection on his current abilities at all. It's just a reflection on his abilities as a 17 year old.
    But how did he even get into university to prove said abilities.

ReputationRep:
    A doctor is a different profession from an investment banker, your point is?
    My point came after that statement.
    Those results show his ability when he was 17. If he did brilliantly on his degree and pgce afterwards, THAT'S the reflection on his ability as an adult.

It wasn't related to what I said.
    You wrote it?

So you're saying it is acceptable for your doctor to have achieved CCDU? Or your dentist? Or your lawyer?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.