Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think should be done about disruptive students in lessons? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Lol I've thought about just saying "beat them" in this thread for ages :cool: africans know how it is
    yeah bro :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PendulumBoB)
    If it were that easy, then the behaviour in state schools would be so much better, but it isn't. Also you fail to appreciate the fact that we have limited resources and can't go out of our way to sort out everyones behaviour.
    No, a lot of state schools are ran by **** people who don't do things properly... That's the real issue.
    I don't fail to appreciate anything, it's affordable and WORTH the cost because it ultimately saves the state and tax payers money (as I've explained numerous times).
    But it's not going out of your way, it's quite simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    yes i was a troublesome child, and no i didnt stop with the threat of kicked out.
    Were you kicked out? You knew it was an empty threat, as does any misbehaving child.

but as iv said before there were many underlying problems going on...

the CRB checks are out of date as soon as they are printed, i dont deny that. i think their a waste, especially as im 19 and i have 2...

what i was saying was if its a criminal record to misbehave, then i wouldnt be able to do anything im doing now, as i would have a criminal record and it would show up on my CRB.....
    My point was more that such a crime ought not to stop you from working with children, especially as the act of going for a job working with children shows you value education. Heck, if music giants have their way they'll wipe out a whole generation of teachers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    Were you kicked out? You knew it was an empty threat, as does any misbehaving child.
    these wernt empty threats i had given to me...
    it was to the point where i had to sit in a meeting with 3 or 4 teachers and my mum, who all made the disicion infront of me to let me stay...
    that meeting however could have easily gone the other way....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    No, a lot of state schools are ran by **** people who don't do things properly... That's the real issue.
    I don't fail to appreciate anything, it's affordable and WORTH the cost because it ultimately saves the state and tax payers money (as I've explained numerous times).
    But it's not going out of your way, it's quite simple.
    No, you haven't explained numerous times; you've speculated without evidence. The state does have to go out of the way for these people as they have to pay staff to tell them that they're not really bad people despite the fact that they are jeapardising other people's futures and wasting taxpayers money, before slowly re-introducing them to normal classroom life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dpwalker)
    Has anyone mentioned the use of dumbbells yet?
    And do what with them may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    these wernt empty threats i had given to me...
    it was to the point where i had to sit in a meeting with 3 or 4 teachers and my mum, who all made the disicion infront of me to let me stay...
    that meeting however could have easily gone the other way....
    Did you behave afterwards? Did they throw you out when you didn't?

You don't listen at all.
    I clearly have never said to dismiss the behaviour, I've been saying to DEAL with it!
    And you know the answer to your question, because I've answered it a million times. You sound like a broken record. I answer your question, you ask it again.
    You do not answer my question(s) directly.

Dicipline, dicipline, and possibly some help if required
    Children are children, they're not going to grow up without some help.
    For crying out loud, that's what we want - discipline!

Don't follow orders = consequences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    get a african woman standing by with a slipper to beat them
    If anything that would encourage bad behaviour in me-It would be like a reverse roleplay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    Did you behave afterwards? Did they throw you out when you didn't?
    i was better behaved if thats what you mean....
    there were a few ups and downs.

but when there was a down, my mum was phoned straight away, so she knew.
    and i was put on report for virtually a whole year, so no mixed messages could go between teachers, my dep year head, me and my mum... everything was written in that book....

and no i didnt ever get kicked out....

because there was issues being worked on, and they didnt want to throw me out.

the head teacher even said to me after a big fight had happened between my friends and a girl ... "i know theres a good girl inside trying to get out"

ReputationRep:
    No, you haven't explained numerous times; you've speculated without evidence. The state does have to go out of the way for these people as they have to pay staff to tell them that they're not really bad people despite the fact that they are jeapardising other people's futures and wasting taxpayers money, before slowly re-introducing them to normal classroom life.
    No, it's not speculation when it's something that's already in force and paid for. Clearly we can afford it (especially as it hasn't been tageted by the government's ridiculous spout of cutting funds). The issue that remains is that schools are **** and don't impliment things properly half the time... The government needs to hire to decent head-teachers.

(Original post by im so academic)
    You do not answer my question(s) directly.
    I've answered everything. It's you that either go off topic, or repeat something that's already been answered.

(Original post by im so academic)
    For crying out loud, that's what we want - discipline!

Don't follow orders = consequences
    That has been my point all along, you just don't listen. Of course there needs to be dicipline, and used properly, along side the facility to help young people with **** up-bringing's change. Both combined will bring the best results.

ReputationRep:
    Send them to Australia ?

ReputationRep:
    If they don't want to be educated, kick them out...

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not speculation when it's something that's already in force and paid for. Clearly we can afford it (especially as it hasn't been tageted by the government's ridiculous spout of cutting funds). The issue that remains is that schools are **** and don't impliment things properly half the time... The government needs to hire to decent head-teachers.
    So why is the current government making it easier for schools to expel ill behaved students?
    Also hiring better heads would mean increasing wages to attract the best people from the private sector, how would you propose raising the money for this?

ReputationRep:
    So why is the current government making it easier for schools to expel ill behaved students?
    Also hiring better heads would mean increasing wages to attract the best people from the private sector, how would you propose raising the money for this?
    I'm not disputing that it should be easier to expell than it is, that's not related to our specific argument that they should take certain measures to help children first (in most circumstances).
    And no, it doesn't mean you have to put wages up, the selection process or teaching should just be done properly. I don't know, but some state schools have head teachers that are crap and don't seem to know how to run a school at all. They just need to choose better people at interview.

ReputationRep:
    That's my point; you shouldn't have been forced into doing something which you saw as being pointless
    I personally didnt have the option until A levels so i was disruptive lol

I guess i read what you said differently!

ReputationRep:
    Strung up and shot in the face.

ReputationRep:
    If anything that would encourage bad behaviour in me-It would be like a reverse roleplay
    no it wouldnt...youre obviously not from a african background

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    no it wouldnt...youre obviously not from a african background
    I'm afraid not-Tell me, is it insanely painfull?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.