Turn on thread page Beta

Gym Twice A Day? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have recently read of people, (mainly actors and the like) who train the same muscle groups twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening.

This has seemed to work, as Thomas Jane got pretty big/ripped for The Punisher in 2004.

Would this work as well for 'normal' people, who do not have nutritionists/personal trainers etc?

ReputationRep:
    I think it is a case of what your body can cope with. Also actors who get big quickly are probably roiding

But for most novices you want to be doing resistance training about 3 times a week.

If i novice were to go two times every time, it would be massive overtraining and you would probably not increase muscle size/strength as quick as someone who was going 3 times a week

As your body gets more used to doing all the weights then you can step up the number of weights sessions you do each week, but need to make sure you still give your muscles enough time to recover.

I think Powerlifter goes to the gym twice a day, but he is in training for british strongman

ReputationRep:
    You will make the more strength gains if you have more workouts that you can recover from. So theoretically, it's a great idea to work out 10x a week. That's more exposure to the same movements, which increases motor learning and therefore strength. The problem is that most people don't know how to listen to their bodies/try and do too much in each session, which leads to overuse injuries. It just depends on whether you have enough discipline/intuition to make it work.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.